Help me pick my next rimfire silencer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rimfire silencer

• Total voters

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Q Erector 22, and yeah it's one of the quietest on the market, and one of the lightest, but I feel like I need to baby it.
Plus, it's limited to 22LR ONLY.
I want something more hearty, and that covers more calibers (namely 17HMR).
I thought I had it narrowed down to the TacSol Aeris (Tactical Solutions is dominating the Ruger mk series and 10/22 aftermarket and has been for a while) or the SilencerCo Sparrow which was one of the first rimfire cans on the market and hasn't changed in design in over a decade, still selling strong.
The Q El Camino was also a top-5 for me.
I know there are other contenders, and that's the point of this thread.
Please share your thoughts.
I'm not really interested in Form 1ing a can at this time.
Obviously I do enjoy a 1" diameter rimfire can but I'm not 100% locked on that.
1/2x28 direct thread only though, for modularity.
My dealer has a new Sparrow in stock for $300, and Ive found the Aeris for as low as $211 on GB.
He personally has both. Loves the size of the Aeris but it has quite the first round pop and isn't super quiet compared to others.

The Aeris measures 1"x3" at 3oz, and the advertised calibers are 17 HMR, .22 LR, and .22 MAG, with no dB numbers posted at SilencerShop.
The Sparrow measures 1"x5" at 6.1oz, calibers are .17 HMR, .22 LR, .22 MAG, and 5.7x28 FN, and a 41 dB reduction per SiCo.
Screenshot_20220629-124918.png
26672212903_b0668771d6_z.jpg

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a Griffith Optimus Micro. It's stainless steel and way overbuilt. While it is listed as a rimfire suppressor it's rated to 22-250. Cost wise it a little more than the Rugged Occulas and Silencerco's switchback. Suppressors are a lifetime investment.