Help me pick out some grips...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which stocks would look best on a matte blue/black Smith & Wesson model 442?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just recently traded my Smith & Wesson J frame model 642-1 Airweight Centennial back to it's rightful owner in return for a S&W matte blue/black J frame model 442-2 Airweight Centennial.

It came with S&W's "new" rubber grip which I gotta say is kinda ugly, but it feels a little better than the Uncle Mike boot grip most others wear.

But I feel like a rubber grip on a blue/black revolver is sacrilege. Therefore, this little feller needs some new shoes.

I've picked out two sets that I really, REALLY like, but I can't decide which ones would look best on this little guy. :scratch: And please don't suggest that I buy both, because, A) I can't afford both and B) If I had both, I would be constantly changing them trying to decide which set I like better. :rolleyes2

So. Here are the contenders.

First up is a set of Rosewoods with the S&W medallion...

[Broken External Image]

I like these a lot. I think all blue/black revolvers need a good set of woods.

Next up, is a set of bonded ivory boots with medallions...

[Broken External Image]

IMHO, nothing says classy like ivories. While these are obviously faux, they still dress up a blue/black revolver better than nobody's bizness.

So there ya go, guys (and gals ;)). Help me pick my next set of stocks.

I didn't make an "other" option, because after hours and hours of searching grip after grip after grip, these two are the one I like the best.

:thanku:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vote the faux Ivories only to sell them a week later and get the wood, because I know that's what's gonna happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom