Help on which 10mm or if a 10mm is worth buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get carried away about buying things that are cool without much thought. Don't want to do the same with 10mm. Shot one at the ENS and darn that was nice. Every time I shoot one I get the same itch about having one.
I've always been a fan of the 38 cal and 357. The 10 mm (to me) feels a lot like those.
The 10mm just interest the hell out of me but I sure not gun poor
Are they the flavor of the month(s)? Input appreciated.
I would love to have a 10mm configured in the style of the CZ P07 but I also want to pitch for the Yankees.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10mm is a great round. Great for SD, and Hunting. I can't give you an unbiased opinion since I'm a 1911 Junkie, so that would be my first pick
I'm a 1911 guy too. Got several and love them. That's why I like the P07 so much (I guess).
No way a biased opinion is not greatly appreciated. Bias means you really dig it for a reason. I like that.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't reload, but never had trouble finding any. Price about the same as 45acp, I think druryj is getting it for like $13 a box.
It was his glock I shot at the ENS. He had did some great work on the grip and undercut. Thing shot great. He does great work because it looked factory. He made the glock how it should come from the factory except Glock won't listen to people like me.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your not trying to hunt with it, unless you buy premium ammo like Double Tap, Cor Bon or Buffalo Bore the ballistics are not much more impressive than a regular .40 S&W. I've owned two, a Glock 29 and S&W 1076, and I was not impressed with either. I think its one of those ''in style'' rounds today. It was pretty much extinct 5 years ago and now its making a comeback. There even chambering revolvers like the Super Redhawk for it now, as hunting round its a poor second to a .41 magnum and not near what a .44 magnum or .45 Colt is. If you want real power in semi auto check out the .460 Rowland, pretty much a .44 Mag in a semi auto.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your not trying to hunt with it, unless you buy premium ammo like Double Tap, Cor Bon or Buffalo Bore the ballistics are not much more impressive than a regular .40 S&W. I've owned two, a Glock 29 and S&W 1076, and I was not impressed with either. I think its one of those ''in style'' rounds today. It was pretty much extinct 5 years ago and now its making a comeback. There even chambering revolvers like the Super Redhawk for it now, as hunting round its a poor second to a .41 magnum and not near what a .44 magnum or .45 Colt is. If you want real power in semi auto check out the .460 Rowland, pretty much a .44 Mag in a semi auto.
I was a big fan of the 40 but jumped on the 9mm/45 bandwagon. Ended up selling a great 40. Not hunting with any pistol. I have rifles for that. It would just be for SD and range shooting for fun.
Problem when you get another Cal, you have to stock up with that round. I have a lot of 9mm handguns and a 9mm ar carbine. Always buying 9mm everytime I'm in a place that has them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom