Help w/ AR-15 Build List $1200 Budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The price of the Colt LE6920 isn't worth it right now, so I want to build one similar but the best my budget can afford. I don't know much about ARs but I want to take advantage of Black Friday deals.

Is anyone willing to put together a parts list? Do I need certain tools? Links to the parts would be great as well. Thank you all in advance.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or in reality this rifle will do 99% of what the colt will for a fraction of the price. Then take your remaining 600$ and dress it up correctly. Mags, ammo, sights, light, sling is your base operational rifle, then as budget allows go with optic, upgraded trigger, better functional furniture, then asthetics as wanted.

https://www.primaryarms.com/radical...utm_campaign=35987&utm_content=product-review

OR get this kit from PSA all PSA products come with lifetime warranty, plus this kit covers alot of the upgrades. You get magpul sights, magpul furniture, an enhanced polished trigger (ept), choose the stripped lower of your liking and budget and you have a nice rifle.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...weight-m-lok-moe-ept-rifle-kit-516446780.html

Last edited:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With my budget should I just buy this CMMG or can putting something together get me something appreciably better?

Sorry for the beginners questions. I’m out of my element but I’m trying to get on the AR train.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an incredible amount of satisfaction in building your own... and you don't end up with leftover parts laying around when you customize it later. In addition, when you build your own, you understand how it all works together, so troubleshooting any problems later is 1000% easier.

Just my $0.02.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With my budget should I just buy this CMMG or can putting something together get me something appreciably better?

Sorry for the beginners questions. I’m out of my element but I’m trying to get on the AR train.
Just keep asking questions. Everyone here was a beginner at one time.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never bought a complete rifle, so I’m no help there. But, I can tell you they are a blast to build. Take a pile of parts and in a couple hours you have a gun that you can go shoot. tridiot is right, if there is a function issue, you’ll have a good idea where to troubleshoot the issue. The design is so simple, it’s tough to screw it up.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or in reality this rifle will do 99% of what the colt will for a fraction of the price. Then take your remaining 600$ and dress it up correctly. Mags, ammo, sights, light, sling is your base operational rifle, then as budget allows go with optic, upgraded trigger, better functional furniture, then asthetics as wanted.

https://www.primaryarms.com/radical...utm_campaign=35987&utm_content=product-review

OR get this kit from PSA all PSA products come with lifetime warranty, plus this kit covers alot of the upgrades. You get magpul sights, magpul furniture, an enhanced polished trigger (ept), choose the stripped lower of your liking and budget and you have a nice rifle.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...weight-m-lok-moe-ept-rifle-kit-516446780.html
So a psa rifle is 99% equal to a colt?

Latest posts

Top Bottom