Help with a AKM receiver ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am in over my head and need some help with a AKM-47 .

I have a AKM-47 build already that needs a receiver re-installed.

I picked up new receiver from my FFL, all put together, rails, heat treated, magazine catch, trigger guard installed, have the new rivets, ....I need to remove the old receiver/trunnion barrel and install on the new receiver. I was told, really easy just need to remove / cut off old rivets on old receiver, then drop in old trunnion / barrel to install on the new receiver, crush rivets. Simple they told me.

Seems when I was moving this (old one) was damaged. Husband thought it was ..."as easy as installing a shotgun barrel." Needless to say once he realized it was ...work.. he walked away muttering something about "dam commie gun".

Can anyone recommend or help me with this, Please,....this is my favorite shooter. Contact me via PM or if you know a shop, gunsmith, anyone who built an AKM let me know.

Thanks ....Judi

Gun runner 72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I am in over my head and need some help with a AKM-47 .

I have a AKM-47 build already that needs a receiver re-installed.

I picked up new receiver from my FFL, all put together, rails, heat treated, magazine catch, trigger guard installed, have the new rivets, ....I need to remove the old receiver/trunnion barrel and install on the new receiver. I was told, really easy just need to remove / cut off old rivets on old receiver, then drop in old trunnion / barrel to install on the new receiver, crush rivets. Simple they told me.

Seems when I was moving this (old one) was damaged. Husband thought it was ..."as easy as installing a shotgun barrel." Needless to say once he realized it was ...work.. he walked away muttering something about "dam commie gun".

Can anyone recommend or help me with this, Please,....this is my favorite shooter. Contact me via PM or if you know a shop, gunsmith, anyone who built an AKM let me know.

Thanks ....Judi
2 Rivers is the best around on Aks! Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom