Help with a sporter 1903a3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpounds

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a sporter 1903 I bought a while back. I had not done anything with it. My son decided he wanted to try to get us back in service. It is a mix of blued and chromed? Parts on the bolt and trigger guard. He watched videos and took the bolt apart and cleaned it oiled it. We tried to fire it and nothing. The safety won’t engage so assume maybe something is worn or out of alignment. When disassembled, safety moves to all 3 positions. Once assembled it only slightly moved to the safe position. Any ideas? I saw I could buy a new complete bolt on Nimrichs for about $85. Best option?any help pi’s appreciated. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chrome parts are for drill rifles.
May have tip of fp ground off
Parts are usually easy to find local without going to numrich

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like the bolt may be from a drill rifle, if so it may have been rendered inoperable. Take it to a gun smith and have it checked would be the first idea. If unable, first thing is make sure the bore is clear which I assume you have already done. Is the safety preventing it from firing? If the firing pin filed short?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your rifle must properly headspace with its bolt. May be time to find a gunsmith or at a minimum someone with go/no-go/field gauges and the knowledge of how to use them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom