Help with a V.A. Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure there are many vets on here. Hopefully someone can help answer a question for me. I have a 95 year old stepdad that is a WW2 Navy vet and my mother is 88 years old. They are at a time in their lives where they need help doing everyday things. This will be the first year my stepdad won't have a garden and the house they have is a big chore for my Mother to keep clean. My brother and I are trying to get them into an assisted living apartment. The apartment is first class and is right by the town's hospital (in Va.) and my brother lives on the other side of the hospital. The paperwork about the apartment complex says that vets may qualify for financial help from the V.A. . I've been calling the V.A. for over a week and they won't return my calls. Does anyone know what it takes to qualify for financial help from the V.A.?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any personal experience with them (I never served), but I know that my friend's dad used to volunteer with Veteran's Corner before he passed and they were all about making sure that veterans were able to get the most out of their benefits. You might try checking with them.

http://www.veteranscornerok.org/

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will learn that the VA uses the DDD* system for processing claims for benefits.

*DELAY DENY hope you DIE before they have to give you YOUR benefits.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they meet minimum income requirements, he may qualify for Aid and Attendance. Contact a Social worker at the VA or contact one for assistance in this matter. I've referred patients to Social Workers and the outcome has been positive.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have an American Legion or VFW post near you, they should have service officer(s) that can explain what benefits are available and how ot apply

^^^This. I haven't done it myself yet but my nurse at the VA highly recommended going to my local VFW. They helped her apply, and push everything through for her 90% disability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom