Help with a Winchester Model 94 30-30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
SEE post above. Pre - 1934 trappers were common to have 14" barrels .
close action, drop cleaning rod down barrel, put tape or magic marker where it sticks out, measure the rod.
He may or may not have registered it in '68. A lot of people did, but don't have papers.

yeah I measured it before I posted this thread. It’s 16”.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad has an older Winchester Model 94 chambered in 30-30 with a 16” barrel and a saddle ring. I think it’s what they call a Saddle Ring Carbine but then I also found they made something called a Trapper Model.. I ran the serial years ago and found out it was manufactured in the year 1907.

I need help identifying it correctly so I can get a few parts for it. Bullets don’t feed right and I determined that once upon a time someone put a different magazine tube spring and follower in it.. My Google-fu isn’t very good today and I’m having a hard time even finding the parts since I can’t find anything for this model that has this short of a barrel. If anyone can lead me in the right direction or even has the parts laying around it would be much appreciated. Heck maybe possibly a gunsmith that will work on something like this just in case the parts aren’t the only thing wrong.

As always, thanks OSA.
Numrich gun parts. They will more than likely have what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom