1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

help with jammed ar

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by daddy-o, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Nik

Nik Sharpshooter

+1 :thumbup3:

I will try to do better in articulating my thoughts in the future so that I do not leave the wrong impression to others. I think Kirk's statement is right on.

2. JWE

JWE Sharpshooter

On the topic on scrubbing bores from the muzzle end, The Garand Collectors Association did an experiment with that awhile back, and found that it doesn't really matter which cleaning rod you use. On the rifle they were experimenting with, they were pretty abusive as they could be while scrubbing the bore; bearing on the muzzle of the rifle, so that it was slightly bending during the entire stroke. On the rifle they abused it started with a muzzle wear of 2.0 on the gauge, and to get it to reach 3.0 on the gauge it took 66,000 strokes. And when test fired afterwords still held an 1 1/2 inch group. Pretty interesting write up. It was in the Spring '09 Journal.

3. SDarkRage

SDarkRage Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I want to get out and burn some up but this stinkin weather here is killing me! Need to get my .308 re-sighted in since I've got the new stock on it. I'm itching to get out its not even funny anymore.
    Actually, I hope they take your view point and shoot more brass so I can have more Wolf! No, let me take that back... I wish I could get more PMC for the price I used to a couple years ago. If I'd known then what I know now, I would have stockpiled that stuff!

Anyways, I'll apologize to you as well. And you are right about the agreement thing, no one is ever 100%.

4. Nik

Nik Sharpshooter

I think that is something that may actaully get 100% agreement.

As for the other, no apology warranted or expected.

5. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

never had a problem using wolf in any AR i have ever shot

6. Tazdev67

Tazdev67 Marksman

Some of had trouble with wolf or other steel cased ammo in their AR's. Some chambers are tighter then others or the rifles chamber might be dirty. The steel cased ammo has a lacquer or other type coating on it. Some of that coating will stay in the chamber. It could cause a round to stick in the chamber.

I use brass cased ammo only but I also like to reload.

7. daddy-o

daddy-o Sharpshooter

well my problem was not dirty chamber. new rifle. This was like the 31st round in the gun. oh well. alls well that ends well.
    thanks
    daddy-o

8. HMT204

HMT204 Sharpshooter

Same here it would be all I would shoot..

9. HMT204

HMT204 Sharpshooter

:werd: My Savage 64F stove pipes Remington all day everyday. I always use CCI and a friend said here try this. Never again and I have not had a issue since the Remington ammo. It can do federal bulk and blazer bulk without issues.

10. Nik

Nik Sharpshooter

It seems that guns are like humans and have individual personalities too... :)