Help with OK knife laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a warning on auto openers and military personnel. While they became legal here in Oklahoma, and are legal in other states...they WILL be confiscated by military customs folks prior to departing most contingency theaters.

Lost a nice SOG auto opener coming home from Afghanistan years ago. Snapped the damn blade off and threw it in the trash because I damn sure wasn't going to put it in the amnesty bin and let some FOBBIT have it.

Of course aircrew get treated special so those rules prob won't apply.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a warning on auto openers and military personnel. While they became legal here in Oklahoma, and are legal in other states...they WILL be confiscated by military customs folks prior to departing most contingency theaters.

Lost a nice SOG auto opener coming home from Afghanistan years ago. Snapped the damn blade off and threw it in the trash because I damn sure wasn't going to put it in the amnesty bin and let some FOBBIT have it.

Of course aircrew get treated special so those rules prob won't apply.

Yeah obviously we have no rules operating on our own aircraft. I'm deployed right now and we had to pass customs before getting on our c17 so they let everybody make one last trip to put things in checked luggage that we weren't allowed to carry on. I don't ever see my self in a situation where it would be confiscated since I only plan to carry it on duty really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom