Henry rifle company is the best in the business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a collection of some of the best lever actions ever made (in my opinion) and that's Henry. I had a new Henry .17 HMR varmint that I put a nice scope with leupold rings that allow for perfect Co-witnessing. My Henry had the beautiful walnut riser as part of the stock. It made it very difficult to use the iron sights. I noticed this when I first got the rifle. I wanted the wood riser because I intended to have a scope.
ANYWAY (After getting off the subject) I called Henry to see if them made a shorter front sight and my problem getting low enought to use the (best in the business IMO) fiber optics. That night I got an email telling me they were sending me a new stock without the cheekriser for free. I called them (and got to talk to someone...how bout dat? I love Henry) and told them it wasn't necessary for them to do that. They said I was a long time customer and they insisted on making me happy. WOW!
This was just the other day and now here it is. They must have mailed it the moment I spoke with them. Here it is. I've been working at moving to all Henry lever actions. I'll keep my Ruger precision 6.5 and grendel, Colt Ar 6920 but the rest of them are going. I love the lever actions so much.
Folks. This is an American company that has the best product and quality in the business. Also, compare the prices. You can't beat Henry.
Support them. Customer service and quality next to none.
The dog was not provided by Henry. If it had, she's be a better dog....ah

Attachments

• Henry new stock.JPG
    Henry new stock.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 71

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too appreciate Henry. I have .22 lever action carbine that I enjoy. Accurate little rifle with a good trigger for a factory lever action. Sent them an email thanking them for making a quality rifle and they sent me a Henry coffee mug and hat. No complaints here.

Also purchased a Henry 30-30 with golden receiver and and octagon barrel for my son-in-law for our appreciation of him serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't think he shot it much...............more of a keepsake for him.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never sold or traded a Henry.

The best in my opinion. When I need to recalibrate my idea of quality I just go pick one of them up and hold it for a few minutes.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry CEO Anthony is a real nice guy. I met him at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton. I shared some of my wildlife pics with him and a couple wees later I got a box in the mail full of Henry Tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, bumper sticker and other cool swag
I have driven past the exit for the NRA Center close to Raton but never stopped in. Seemed like we were pressed for time, etc. What was your impression of the place? I've thought about making a dedicated trip there someday. I think they have cabins and such to rent if I remember correctly.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have driven past the exit for the NRA Center close to Raton but never stopped in. Seemed like we were pressed for time, etc. What was your impression of the place? I've thought about making a dedicated trip there someday. I think they have cabins and such to rent if I remember correctly.
My dad is a Range Benefactor level member, I am an annual member. We have spent many days out there in the last 20 years. The accomodations run from primitive camping, Primitive cabin, RV, competitor dorm, to Founders lodges. We have stayed in the founders cabins, Leupold, Brownells and others, those have 4 nice rooms, community kitchen, overlooks the 1000yd and Coors Schutzen ranges. Prices are really good, Competitor forms are pretty neat for a bunch of guys on a quick visit. There is abundant wildlife milling around everywhere. One morning I had 20 baby antelope playing in front of the competitor dorm 20 ft from me.
Pro shop and museum are excellent, staff have really treated me and my family very well, they all know Dad, the 95 yr old retired judge that shoots 1000 yd with his 03 Springfield.
The world class shotgun ranges are pretty cool, high tech target throwing system, there is a 500 meter steel silhouette rifle range. I used to go there early in the morning, set up all the silhouette and blaze away with my Garand. Check the website for range rules, especially steel core and high velocity guns on steel silhouette causes Target damage. There is a MSR AR range with gongs out to 600 yd, seems like a new range available every time I go.
Take a bunch of guns, lots of ammo, they sell ammo in pro shop.
Raton used to be the star of the southwest back when I was a kid, rodeos, horse racing, it was a fun place, these days Raton is hurting

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad is a Range Benefactor level member, I am an annual member. We have spent many days out there in the last 20 years. The accomodations run from primitive camping, Primitive cabin, RV, competitor dorm, to Founders lodges. We have stayed in the founders cabins, Leupold, Brownells and others, those have 4 nice rooms, community kitchen, overlooks the 1000yd and Coors Schutzen ranges. Prices are really good, Competitor forms are pretty neat for a bunch of guys on a quick visit. There is abundant wildlife milling around everywhere. One morning I had 20 baby antelope playing in front of the competitor dorm 20 ft from me.
Pro shop and museum are excellent, staff have really treated me and my family very well, they all know Dad, the 95 yr old retired judge that shoots 1000 yd with his 03 Springfield.
The world class shotgun ranges are pretty cool, high tech target throwing system, there is a 500 meter steel silhouette rifle range. I used to go there early in the morning, set up all the silhouette and blaze away with my Garand. Check the website for range rules, especially steel core and high velocity guns on steel silhouette causes Target damage. There is a MSR AR range with gongs out to 600 yd, seems like a new range available every time I go.
Take a bunch of guns, lots of ammo, they sell ammo in pro shop.
Raton used to be the star of the southwest back when I was a kid, rodeos, horse racing, it was a fun place, these days Raton is hurting
Thanks for the info. Think I will put visiting and renting a cabin on my bucket list! Sounds like it would be a place to create a memorable experience. Thanks!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 or 5 Henry rifles and love every one. Mine are all .22 LR or WMR. I have one of the Small Game Carbines and it's just a fantastic rifle. That one solved a particular problem for me right from the inside of my bedroom thru the screen on a window to a spot in my yard about 65 yards away. Let's just say that little f****r never killed another bird or rabbit in my yard and never left his damn claw marks on the hood of my John Deere again.

So, yeah... Thanks, Henry!

Latest posts

Top Bottom