Henry rifle company is the best in the business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW. That's beautiful. From the furniture to the etching, it's outstanding. Thanks for putting that up......BUY IT!!!! But let me shoot it now and then.
I don't know if I can spend nearly $900 to get a rimfire lever action in hand. It's been a tough 24 hours staring at that BUY NOW button...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if I can spend nearly $900 to get a rimfire lever action in hand. It's been a tough 24 hours staring at that BUY NOW button...
Me too. Wife reminded me I have some surgery next week and a few Surgeon bills (or as I call it...New vacation home for the Doc) so I need to be a bit frugal. I've got great insurance but.....nothing covers everything and I won't go in debt. Not now. Ha.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad is a Range Benefactor level member, I am an annual member. We have spent many days out there in the last 20 years. The accomodations run from primitive camping, Primitive cabin, RV, competitor dorm, to Founders lodges. We have stayed in the founders cabins, Leupold, Brownells and others, those have 4 nice rooms, community kitchen, overlooks the 1000yd and Coors Schutzen ranges. Prices are really good, Competitor forms are pretty neat for a bunch of guys on a quick visit. There is abundant wildlife milling around everywhere. One morning I had 20 baby antelope playing in front of the competitor dorm 20 ft from me.
Pro shop and museum are excellent, staff have really treated me and my family very well, they all know Dad, the 95 yr old retired judge that shoots 1000 yd with his 03 Springfield.
The world class shotgun ranges are pretty cool, high tech target throwing system, there is a 500 meter steel silhouette rifle range. I used to go there early in the morning, set up all the silhouette and blaze away with my Garand. Check the website for range rules, especially steel core and high velocity guns on steel silhouette causes Target damage. There is a MSR AR range with gongs out to 600 yd, seems like a new range available every time I go.
Take a bunch of guns, lots of ammo, they sell ammo in pro shop.
Raton used to be the star of the southwest back when I was a kid, rodeos, horse racing, it was a fun place, these days Raton is hurting
We made the tour through there at the height of the covid lockdown so everything was closed except the ranges and the RV area.
It's an amazing place. The 1000yd range is huge! I expected a half dozen benches or so, not the numbers actually there.
Everything was well maintained and ready for the shooter.
It will be a destination in the future staying at the RV area which does have full hookup for any interested with pricing very inexpensive.
Exiting the gate, there is an irrigation pivot across the road. There were close to 200 elk feeding on the green wheat.
Edit: I have a Henry .22 mag lever gun that is a 100% reliable shooter and it looks good too. I use it in Steel Challenge competitions with a red dot scope because of hearing issues. With muffs using .22 LR the steel just dings and I can't hear it to determine if it's a miss or a hit.
No issues with the .22 mag. It swings the biggest plates with authority.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I traded for a used Henry in .45 LC a while back. Beautiful rifle, looked like new. But I couldn't find any .45 LC ammo anywhere, so I ended up selling it to someone here. I liked it, but really wanted .44 mag, if it had been that caliber I would have kept it as I can already reload for it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I traded for a used Henry in .45 LC a while back. Beautiful rifle, looked like new. But I couldn't find any .45 LC ammo anywhere, so I ended up selling it to someone here. I liked it, but really wanted .44 mag, if it had been that caliber I would have kept it as I can already reload for it.
I run into the LC now and then. It's a hit or miss thing. Would have loved to see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom