Henry (s) .17 varmint and Pump 22 at 100 yds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got out today and mostly zeroed a couple of Henry's. The .17 lever action varmint and the pump action 22. I just love these guns. Besides being fun, it's affordable to drop a lot of brass with rimfire. I also shot the CZ P07.
Here's what looks like a mess but I got the .17 zeroed well on the top low right small target and the pump (with the crappy CCI standard ammo) I got working well. Neither had been zeroed with those scopes so I'll take it. The CZ ran like a scalded cat. Shot it at 15 yds (approximately) with target stand. Dropped 100 rounds of 115 gr and did great. I love that holosun red dot. No picture to go with it.
It was a beautiful day but I got to shoot till I was wore out but it was a great wore out.
Heres the first of the zeroing the Henry's at 100 yds. Went down to check after 20 rounds to make sure I patched the holes when I was sure I was mostly zeroed then just went hog wild shooting both the .17 and the pump. That walnut furniture is beautiful on Henry's

Attachments

• Henry s.JPG
    Henry s.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 39

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my Henry with the large loop, gloves no issue in the colder months as I don’t hunt as much as I used too.

Timbr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How's Henry feels? Been itching to try one out esp since my Ruger 10/22 is getting pretty old at this point. Any advice/small review on which model to go for?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got out today and mostly zeroed a couple of Henry's. The .17 lever action varmint and the pump action 22. I just love these guns. Besides being fun, it's affordable to drop a lot of brass with rimfire. I also shot the CZ P07.
Here's what looks like a mess but I got the .17 zeroed well on the top low right small target and the pump (with the crappy CCI standard ammo) I got working well. Neither had been zeroed with those scopes so I'll take it. The CZ ran like a scalded cat. Shot it at 15 yds (approximately) with target stand. Dropped 100 rounds of 115 gr and did great. I love that holosun red dot. No picture to go with it.
It was a beautiful day but I got to shoot till I was wore out but it was a great wore out.
Heres the first of the zeroing the Henry's at 100 yds. Went down to check after 20 rounds to make sure I patched the holes when I was sure I was mostly zeroed then just went hog wild shooting both the .17 and the pump. That walnut furniture is beautiful on Henry's

How smooth was the action on the lever gun?

I’m in the market for a golden boy or frontier in the .17. Just have to find one.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How smooth was the action on the lever gun?

I’m in the market for a golden boy or frontier in the .17. Just have to find one.
No grit, crisp break. It's a Henry and all mine have great triggers even the Long Ranger 223/556 lever. I have 8 henry levers and they are all cool. I had the action covers, barrel band nickel plated because it very cool looking. Shoots good

Latest posts

Top Bottom