Here is a good excuse...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...sedgntp&cvid=bc48e7dac7a642b4b3797a7d5572e316oman drove her car into two brothers riding their bicycles and fled the scene, later blaming her irritable bowel syndrome for the fatal accident.

Julie Ann Budge, 47, told police that medications she took to treat her condition caused her to ‘defecate on herself without warning’, according to arresting documents obtained by KUTV. She claimed that was the reason she lost control of her car near Washington City in Utah on Saturday and hit the cyclists.

Budge’s Hyundai veered into the bike lane at noon and hit the two cyclists who were competing in the the Spring Tour of St George. She said she ‘began to uncontrollably defecate on herself while driving, so she swerved’ the documents state.

Budge apparently told cops that she knew that she struck the two cyclists but could not stop her vehicle.

Meanwhile, a witness said that it ‘appeared that Julie did not have the intention of stopping after hitting the two cyclists’, an arresting officer wrote.

‘The witness stated he followed Julie’s vehicle until she pulled over and stopped several hundred yards away from the accident,’ the statement reads.

Both cyclists were unresponsive when first aid was administered at the scene. They were transported to St George Regional Hospital, where they succumbed to their injuries.

The brothers’ identities have not yet been released.

Police later found Budge and administered field sobriety tests, which she failed, according to arresting documents. She had a prior conviction for driving under the influence in 2015.

Budge claimed that she received Fentanyl using an IV drip in the hospital the day before the crash.

She was arrested on suspicion of two counts of automobile homicide owed to criminal negligence, two counts of DUI with serious bodily injury due to negligent operation and two counts of failure to stay at a fatal accident scene. Budged is also charged with reckless driving, a misdemeanor, and an infraction for improper lane driving.

Washington City is about 300 miles south of Salt Lake City.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel terrible for the people that died but I haven’t laughed so hard in a while. Her excuse is priceless.
I didn't want to laugh, but like you said, the excuse is just too funny (unless it happens to me).

I bet our LEO members have heard a lot of crazy excuses for what ever it was that got them stopped.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hilarious. I despise bicyclists in the streets. These guys were apparently on a bike path, but I'm sure they've been in a street before. I'm going to use this excuse next time I have a "falling down" (Michael Douglas) moment.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I wouldn't even try to justify her excuse, I have gone through a period of uncontrollable diarrhea in the past. It lasted for a few months, but we finally found out that the apple juice that I had been drinking every morning was probably the cause. The wife got to studying up on the disease and that's when we found out about the apple juice.

Needless to say, even with my case of it, I was still perfectly capable of properly driving vehicles.

Oh, and also needless to say, I've pretty much given up on apple juice, even though I still like the taste of it over other juices.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I wouldn't even try to justify her excuse, I have gone through a period of uncontrollable diarrhea in the past. It lasted for a few months, but we finally found out that the apple juice that I had been drinking every morning was probably the cause. The wife got to studying up on the disease and that's when we found out about the apple juice.

Needless to say, even with my case of it, I was still perfectly capable of properly driving vehicles.

Oh, and also needless to say, I've pretty much given up on apple juice, even though I still like the taste of it over other juices.
Gotta watch out for that apple juice!

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Apple juice make you WHAT? Is crazy but I thou that woman could multi-task better than man. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom