Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sorry but there is no “sensible common ground on gun control”. I always love when folks start off by saying they support the 2A and then go off talking about how we need more gun control. We need NO gun control. Do you think making it where certain people can’t have guns will work? Oh wait, we already have that. What about making murder illegal? Oh wait, it already is. There is a much bigger issue at play than an inanimate object.
I really don't care what your opinion is. My sensible statement is to try to find a way to prevent those with mental illness those who threaten others from owning a gun. Surely we as a society can do better. Guns don't kill but assholes who should not own one do.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a long time I felt as you do. Your lost me comment is part of what is wrong with society. No one is willing to give at all. I never said take guns from legal law abiding gun owners. Never will say that. I do feel that too many who should not own guns do and mental health issues and violence threats are valid reason to say you lost your right to own a gun. I certainly am a 2A proponent just one who is less radical and fixed on not compromising than you.
Allowing the govt to enact gun control isn’t going to solve the mental health issues in this country. It’s only going to infringe on the right of law abiding citizens. I’m far from being a radical, but you’re d*mn right on the not compromising part. Someone who was really pro 2A, you’d get that. I’m out on this one.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the news about the situation, I went to CNN to see what the fake news is reporting, and they’re saying the shooter’s Grandmother was shot but not killed. I‘m trying to verify that with a real news agency.
They’re also reporting the death toll has risen to 19 kids and 2 adults.

Last edited:

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't care what your opinion is. My sensible statement is to try to find a way to prevent those with mental illness those who threaten others from owning a gun. Surely we as a society can do better. Guns don't kill but assholes who should not own one do.

If the mentally ill are not locked away from society in asylums, they will get guns regardless of laws.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
For a long time I felt as you do. Your lost me comment is part of what is wrong with society. No one is willing to give at all. I never said take guns from legal law abiding gun owners. Never will say that. I do feel that too many who should not own guns do and mental health issues and violence threats are valid reason to say you lost your right to own a gun. I certainly am a 2A proponent just one who is less radical and fixed on not compromising than you.

Gun grabbers sure seem to be fond of "compromise".
We've endured 90 odd years of gun control compromise.
I'm not seeing any compromise taking place. All I see is that gun grabbers keep getting a little of what they want by telling us to be reasonable and compromise- "we want all your guns but we'll compromise and let you keep some." Next time it's the same game. Over and over again. What have we gotten in these compromises? Last time they took 10%, this time they only want 5%, next time 15% of what's left. The time after that how much more will we compromise away?
The time for compromise is long passed.

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard for me to listen to the "ban guns" crowd in DC shouting about saving school children........but will fight to allow zero restriction abortion policies.......
I agree totally with you. These same people wanting to save the children with their gun control are the same people advocating for abortions even after birth.

We will see more of these false flags with the condition the democrats have gotten this country in. These communists are going for the throat. They will not stop their mass shootings until they have our guns.

Go back and look how things turned out for the German people when Hitler confiscated the guns. Go back and look at the Russian people after the communists took their guns. These communists in this country will not stop until they disarm all of us so they can controll us.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly! We have to take care of the mental health issue because the gun grabbers are using it to try and take the guns from honest, sane people. All the denying that is doing is allowing them to take a little more each time and make us look like nut jobs. Wake up people!

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun grabbers sure seem to be fond of "compromise".
We've endured 90 odd years of gun control compromise.
I'm not seeing any compromise taking place. All I see is that gun grabbers keep getting a little of what they want by telling us to be reasonable and compromise- "we want all your guns but we'll compromise and let you keep some." Next time it's the same game. Over and over again. What have we gotten in these compromises? Last time they took 10%, this time they only want 5%, next time 15% of what's left. The time after that how much more will we compromise away?
The time for compromise is long passed.
Once again, I do not care what your opinion of my opinion is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom