Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the 'got to do something' rationale. The events are so hideous, I get the reaction, but that's not a valid reason to enact more laws that IMO won't address the issue.

If someone is flagged and then it is adjudicated they shouldn't have guns, what then? Felons aren't supposed to have guns, right? Yet, many have them. So, what then? Universal background checks? Registration?

Short of locking them up after red flagged, I don't understand how they'll work.

Being sickened by the shootings isn't a reason to just start ceding rights that I don't believe will do anything to stop these.

Like I said earlier, seems like armor piercing rounds would have been a difference maker on the Uvalde incident. And securing the schools.
So you would rather sit back and let them ban all guns "to protect the children"? We keep sitting around with out thumb up our butts that is exactly what is going to happen. And if you think it can not happen in the USA

problem is obvious.jpg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you would rather sit back and let them ban all guns "to protect the children"? We keep sitting around with out thumb up our butts that is exactly what is going to happen. And if you think it can not happen in the USA

View attachment 275290
No, my plan is to argue and fight them on any and all attempts to strip my rights away, especially when I know it is only a step in their ultimate plan.

So, we pass stringent red flag laws and ban all 'assault' weapons, because it is after all, just common sense. Do you think there won't be more mass shootings? I would predict there will be. What then? The laws weren't strong enough?

The idea we can head off their push for gun control by giving them red flag or whatever else is nonsense IMO.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the 'got to do something' rationale. The events are so hideous, I get the reaction, but that's not a valid reason to enact more laws that IMO won't address the issue.

If someone is flagged and then it is adjudicated they shouldn't have guns, what then? Felons aren't supposed to have guns, right? Yet, many have them. So, what then? Universal background checks? Registration?

Short of locking them up after red flagged, I don't understand how they'll work.

Being sickened by the shootings isn't a reason to just start ceding rights that I don't believe will do anything to stop these.

Like I said earlier, seems like armor piercing rounds would have been a difference maker on the Uvalde incident. And securing the schools.
Most of these events are committed by an individual that is not a criminal", but a person in a mental state that is far from normal, and quite likely if they were stopped and treated would not commit future crimes. Obviously that is not an absolute solution, but it certainly seems to apply to all the "big" events we have witnessed in recent years

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, my plan is to argue and fight them on any and all attempts to strip my rights away, especially when I know it is only a step in their ultimate plan.

So, we pass stringent red flag laws and ban all 'assault' weapons, because it is after all, just common sense. Do you think there won't be more mass shootings? I would predict there will be. What then? The laws weren't strong enough?

The idea we can head off their push for gun control by giving them red flag or whatever else is nonsense IMO.
And just trying to fight is nonsense to me since they have the propaganda wing telling the public how evil guns are and if we only get rid of them everything will be peaceful, beautiful and unicorns will return with rainbows shooting out of their a$$.
We need to write the laws in such a way to protect our rights or we can kiss them goodbye,

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
And just trying to fight is nonsense to me since they have the propaganda wing telling the public how evil guns are and if we only get rid of them everything will be peaceful, beautiful and unicorns will return with rainbows shooting out of their a$$.
We need to write the laws in such a way to protect our rights or we can kiss them goodbye,
Exactly. What kind of gun did Cain use when he killed Abel again?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. What kind of gun did Cain use when he killed Abel again?
You know that, I know that, the average person on the street can not pour pee out of a boot anymore and will believe whatever the media tells them.

Look we all know laws are not going to stop mass murder. Never happen even if you could confiscate every gun in the country. Besides any law the liberals write will be aimed more at punishing us and giving money to Planned Parenthood than anything solving the problem. That is why we need to write the laws so that they maybe take some of the crazies off the streets and take the narrative away from the gun grabbers.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of these events are committed by an individual that is not a criminal", but a person in a mental state that is far from normal, and quite likely if they were stopped and treated would not commit future crimes. Obviously that is not an absolute solution, but it certainly seems to apply to all the "big" events we have witnessed in recent years
I'll certainly agree that those that commit these crimes are mentally ill. So how long will they need to be locked up before we know we're safe from their future crimes?

And you don't think they'll be weaponized?

I just don't see us going back to an age of massive state mental institutions but I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom