Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tonight was different…..
Tonight we didn’t argue about bath time.
Tonight we didn’t fuss on bed time.
Tonight I didn’t mention the mess of toys.
Tonight I skipped the house chores & watched Tv with you instead.
Tonight we didn’t rush our routine, we took the extra time to smile & laugh a little longer.
Tonight I overly mention how much I love you.
Tonight I let you lay with me.
Tonight I hold you a little tighter.
Tonight I stop & realize this won’t be how 19 homes will end tonight…….
Tonight 19 beds are empty.
Tonight 19 plates are missing at the table.
Tonight 19 baths/showers won’t be ran.
Tonight 19 bedrooms will stay the mess it was left this morning.
Tonight 19 favorite shows/movies won’t be watched. Games won’t be played. Homework won’t be done.
Tonight 19 homes will fill with tears & cries instead of laughs & smiles.
Tonight 19 homes are different…..
I pray for each household hurting tonight.
I can barely bare the thought without watery eyes…. Mommies & Daddies remember life is as short as blink of an eye. Sometimes we get caught up in our daily routines not realizing it can come to a complete stop. May we never take for granted something as small as our children coming home from school every day.
Tonight Texas As A Whole Including The Sky It Self Cry For Our Lost Babies.
1653512439740-png.1001323

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand, the majority of the shooters committing mass shootings have posted some sort of information on social media sites that indicate that they are going to commit such a crime. Instead of the gun laws being the focus of what needs to be changed, why can’t there be more of a focus on monitoring social media? It seams that the technology exists to do this a lot better than it is currently being done. I’m not talking about using this information to take guns from folks. I’m talking about LE using this information to identify and react to threats in real time. There will be many that believe this infringes on the first amendment rights. Could this be a way to turn the tables on the folks that want to take away our second amendment rights? I’m not saying two wrongs make a right, but it could help broaden the subject so that gun laws are not the only conversation of “what is wrong” with these types of events.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not remember all these mass murders before they shut down the mental hospitals.
I remember reading newspaper articles explaining that insane asylum inmates must be integrated into regular society for their successful treatment, back when Hissom Memorial Center was shut down. The criminally insane hospital near Vinita is the only one we have I think.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had once okc pd thinking they saw me do something stupid, during rush hour on nw expressway in okc..

But your right, I should have been shot for them thinking I was was fleeing and committed a felony. When all I did was have a blow out. Had to change it in the freaking median because people wouldn’t let me over from the middle lane. He didn’t see that. What he did see was me fishtail onto nw expressway from the median (it was raining and the median was a soft mess). I didn’t see him flip on his lights as I turned off new expressway. So looked like at the very least reckless driving and fleeing…

It was a very short conversation after I finally saw and heard him and pulled over. I had the blown tire in the bed of my truck. I’m covered in brake dust etc. But your right. He should have been able to just shoot me with impunity. Because everything is always as it appears. It was in early April of 1999. I’d just left visiting my newborn nephew in icu at childrens.

Drama much? I doubt very seriously you were in danger of being shot.

You have anything serious to add?

Latest posts

Top Bottom