Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i mean from elliot roger to nick cruz, most of them straight up admit it's for attention. and they do get it.
Yep, I think that the perp should never be referred to as anything but scum sucking pathetic coward, or similar. Their name should never be uttered again.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some have said that video games aren’t a problem for these kids. I believe shooting games where you are constantly killing people can lead to wanting to do the same thing in real life. Isolation, bullying, no parental guidance and there you go. Mental issues have to be addressed or this is going to continue.
I think there might be something to the video games. Speaking from personal experience, I played my first “modern“ game about 10 or 12 years ago; it was Gears of War. I remember being shocked by the gore and violence in the game the first several times I played. I even reset the settings to reduce the gore during the first couple of months. Fast forward a couple of years and I was hardly phased by the gore. I really think I had become desensitized to violence in the games. I quit playing them once I realized this was happening.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this and I’m having second thoughts as I write it but is there really a need for civilian ownership of Ar15 type rifles? I know all the arguments that it’s just a semi auto rifle etc etc. I’ve owned them, shot 3 gun, had one outfitted for home defense, deer hunting, etc. Also if we give up that then what will we lose next? Just seems maybe it’s time we think about allowing an 18 year old walk into a gun store and buy 2 Ar’s and a bunch of mags with ammo. I realize it’s a big issue on rights versus restrictions. Just thinking out loud here.
I don’t agree. Remember, the 2nd Amendment is to allow citizens a means of recourse against a tyrannical government (I’ll add foreign or domestic). Frankly, we citizens are already very out-gunned. Ukraine is a good example.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't remember the outcry to ban import of "cheap, military weapons" after Oswalt shot Kennedy?

The Uvalde scum bag has been treated and will not be committing any more atrocities.
Guaranteed.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never knew thorazine was used in humans. I thought it was just for crazy show cattle. :anyone:

Mental illness isn’t treated by insurance like other illnesses. It’s criminal what we do and how we treat the mentally ill in this country.

I’ve been pretty close to some folks that had serious problems, and it’s next to impossible for them to get treated. A bottle of pills and a cab they have to pay for to take them home. We need beds. Mentally ill folks don’t belong in the streets or in prison. They belong in medical institutions, but they need to be treated like humans. Most of the folks I’ve known ended up dead before their time, either from their own hand or from living on the street. It’s tragic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom