Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive stopped watching news because my nerves cant take it anymore.
Same. I briefly caught some local state democrat (Forrest something) on the evening news yesterday and his comments just completely rubbed me the wrong way. He was whining about just giving up a little bit of our rights to protect others . . . weeks after the abortion debacle.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same. I briefly caught some local state democrat (Forrest something) on the evening news yesterday and his comments just completely rubbed me the wrong way. He was whining about just giving up a little bit of our rights to protect others . . . weeks after the abortion debacle.
My frustration isnt even political. It is the complete failure of anyone in media or elected positions to be able to effectively carry out root cause analysis on anything. I get incredibly disheartened about the world as a whole when I see how voluntarily ignorant and manipulative people can be when they are in a position to steer public opinion.

Then add on that there arent enough intelligent people in the population to take them to task and call them out on what they aren't saying and it becomes difficult to see us headed anywhere other than downhill. It is truly depressing and stokes the fire to work my ass off until I can buy a few hundred acres and just live in bliss hunting and fishing near a small town of country folks haha.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My frustration isnt even political. It is the complete failure of anyone in media or elected positions to be able to effectively carry out root cause analysis on anything. I get incredibly disheartened about the world as a whole when I see how voluntarily ignorant and manipulative people can be when they are in a position to steer public opinion.

Then add on that there arent enough intelligent people in the population to take them to task and call them out on what they aren't saying and it becomes difficult to see us headed anywhere other than downhill. It is truly depressing and stokes the fire to work my ass off until I can buy a few hundred acres and just live in bliss hunting and fishing near a small town of country folks haha.
Oh I get it . . . that adds to my frustration too.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this report is true, all the talk about increasing the number of SRO’s and cops on campuses is pointless. The SRO and the cops were there, and he still killed 21 people. :censored:

If I remember correctly, it was the same story at the Parkland FL shooting.
I don't know . . . if the safety officer's sole job was to man the secured entrance I don't think it would be pointless. Depending on police for protection however does seem to be pointless in this case.

Didn't a judge in Florida dismiss a case filed against the school and local LEOs stating that neither had a duty to protect the students during the shooting?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive stopped watching news because my nerves cant take it anymore. I do more work on the laptop in another room while my wife catches up on whats happening.

My counterargument would be if your security isnt at least as competent as LE, it doesnt do any good for them to be armed either. It is a crying shame that a lot of our non-specialized LEOs in the country represent the minimum proficiency with firearms. I have been saying for a long time that poor decisions made under pressure that result in the death of someone being taken into custody is quite often an indicator of a lack of training. So many of these departments spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for armored personnel carriers, Humvees, and other military level equipment, but couldnt be bothered to send their officers to some real training on a regular basis. Firearm proficiency and grappling type fighting skills should be for every officer, not just the ones actually interested in excelling at their job and going home safe and healthy.
My experience as a retired LEO who worked for both small and large agencies is that the agencies with budgets that allow them to afford armored vehicles and other equipment for specialized teams do also provide training on a regular basis and much more in some cases.

It's the smaller agencies that (due to budget cuts passed down by federal, state and local governments) cannot afford to send their officers to, in some cases, any training that teaches them how to deal with situations like active shooters. Please understand, it is not because they don't care or don't want to get that type of training, they just don't have the budgets that allow for it. Unfortunately, the same thing applies to time on the range. If the agency doesn't have the budget to purchase enough ammunition they have to limit their range time to, in most cases, the yearly qualifications required by the state.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom