Here We Go Again, another school shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve already taught mine, at 8, 5, 5, and 3, that it’s only acceptable to kill an animal if you’re going to eat it, barring pests like mice and hornets and flies. I even made my son eat a ladybug one time for killing it for no reason, as it is not on the list of pests, ladybugs can’t kill you and they don’t spread disease. I gave him lemonade after to rinse the taste out, but I think he got the point. Killing is only acceptable in defense or search of food.
Predator control is necessary. Badgers, armadillos digging and rupturing pond dams, Coyotes and bobcats killing young calves, Redwing blackbirds and starlings stripping fields of milo, etc.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve already taught mine, at 8, 5, 5, and 3, that it’s only acceptable to kill an animal if you’re going to eat it, barring pests like mice and hornets and flies. I even made my son eat a ladybug one time for killing it for no reason, as it is not on the list of pests, ladybugs can’t kill you and they don’t spread disease. I gave him lemonade after to rinse the taste out, but I think he got the point. Killing is only acceptable in defense or search of food.
I do not care for deer, but I kill one every year. I give it to one of our custodians in the building. However, the amount of money I spend on hunting and shooting makes it possible for everyone in the state to enjoy wildlife.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/changes...igned-to-save-next-endangered-species-hunters

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/g...-your-fishinghunting-gear-taxes-and-license-m

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think my three year old would quite understand the nuances of what is or is not a “nuisance species.”
Never show them the movie Bambi. It took me years to finally break my grandkids that animals to not live and play in the woods in harmony while singing kumbaya.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Just wait until they notice the windshield, grill and bumper on a warm summer's evening, you'll have a lot of explaining to do mister! :)

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
:faint: :rolleyes2 :rollingla :rotflmao:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-education-secretary-suggests-school-boycott/
Obama Education Sec. Arne Duncan: Boycott School Until Congress Passes Gun Control
AWR Hawkins
20 May 2018

....."Duncan did not mention doing away with the gun-free zones that keep teachers trapped in classrooms with no means to defend their own lives or the lives of their students."
I heard this new yesterday. Liberals cannot see that using schools for political activism is what is driving school shootings.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive by groups of young kids waiting for the school bus almost daily. They almost all have their face buried in their cell phone, interacting with others through that means, rather than just talking and interacting among themselves. My 16 year old grandson is seriously eat up with that stupid phone, I have to tell him to put the thing down for dinner, I shudder to think how their world would be if they had to entertain themselves with things like baseballs, bikes, you know, things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom