Here We Go Again, another school shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive by groups of young kids waiting for the school bus almost daily. They almost all have their face buried in their cell phone, interacting with others through that means, rather than just talking and interacting among themselves. My 16 year old grandson is seriously eat up with that stupid phone, I have to tell him to put the thing down for dinner, I shudder to think how their world would be if they had to entertain themselves with things like baseballs, bikes, you know, things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My son wasn't allowed to have a phone until he could pay for it, which was cause to go to work after school and weekends...that worked out well for all. That then transitioned into his want for a pickup. He had to work for that too and he did.
He turned out to be a good young adult.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:faint: :rolleyes2 :rollingla :rotflmao:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-education-secretary-suggests-school-boycott/
Obama Education Sec. Arne Duncan: Boycott School Until Congress Passes Gun Control
AWR Hawkins
20 May 2018

....."Duncan did not mention doing away with the gun-free zones that keep teachers trapped in classrooms with no means to defend their own lives or the lives of their students."
9760a1854e6d90973e902985351050a330a9b4b4756ccaa8554cb54c057d349a.jpg

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive by groups of young kids waiting for the school bus almost daily. They almost all have their face buried in their cell phone, interacting with others through that means, rather than just talking and interacting among themselves. My 16 year old grandson is seriously eat up with that stupid phone, I have to tell him to put the thing down for dinner, I shudder to think how their world would be if they had to entertain themselves with things like baseballs, bikes, you know, things like that.
As seen elsewhere; I'm guessing it's a thread from the Royal Wedding:
31944383_10155495387317335_1655993978924826624_n.jpg

I think it says a lot.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I shudder to think how their world would be if they had to entertain themselves with things like baseballs, bikes, you know, things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said that a lot of folks today would lose their minds if the internet, cable, cell, etc went down and they had to sit there for a few days playing cards or quietly reading a book with no constant noise but the Oklahoma wind howling around the corner of the house.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public schools, especially high schools, are likely on the way out. Given the anxiety over mass shootings, the long standing bullying issues and the perpetual controversies over leftist indoctrination, online high school looks increasingly attractive.

I'm not sure which will get here first - self-driving cars or online schools replacing brick and mortar high schools, but you can bet both changes are coming.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public schools, especially high schools, are likely on the way out. Given the anxiety over mass shootings, the long standing bullying issues and the perpetual controversies over leftist indoctrination, online high school looks increasingly attractive.

I'm not sure which will get here first - self-driving cars or online schools replacing brick and mortar high schools, but you can bet both changes are coming.
It is sort of funny how you do not realize that the bully issue is the major part of the leftist agenda. I guess the indoctrination is working.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is sort of funny how you do not realize that the bully issue is the major part of the leftist agenda. I guess the indoctrination is working.
They bullied in the 50's when I was in grade school. It's human nature for kids to bully, and some adults in an attempt to gain attention and get their way.
I was the youngest in my 1st grade class and never went to the third grade, skipping it through testing and going into the 4th grade from the second because of state law class size restrictions.
I caught hell from the bigger older boys. I found putting the biggest on the ground with a swift kick to the nuts pretty much stopped the harassment. It sucked though being a year behind my classmates in physical development and the benefits of age. I didn't get my drivers license until a Senior in High School when the others were juniors or sometimes sophomores.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullying in support of leftist positions is somewhat new and I do recognize it. I was referring to the old school "Lord of the Flies" savagery of my adolescence. I assume it is still alive and well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom