Here We Go Again, another school shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A great many sociopaths have become perfectly productive members of society. It’s been estimated that 90% of company executives are at least a bit sociopathic. Sociopathy without a strong morality is where the problem lies.
Ahh, but it's those pesky 10%ers that mess everything up for the rest. Best ban and lock all them up forever. It's for the children after all. :blush:

Seriously though you are right, a lack of morality seems to very abundant today. Along with accountability, responsibility, decency, and respect.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about how to stop these school shootings. Hiring retired police and others that could legally carry a gun prevented more being shot in Texas, but I am sure the kid that did the shooting, is also a student at the school, knew the armed person was there and went ahead with his plan.

One thing that might make people stop and think is to bring back public executions. The last one was in Owensboro, Kentucky on August 14, 1936. That does seem to slow some people down.

I am old enough I use to bring my shotgun or .22 rifle to school during hunting season and no one even noticed. We just took them to the principal’s office and picked them up after school. Even some of the teachers brought their guns to school so they could go hunting after school.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was bullied as a kid, and so were several other people, by the same kid. We all ganged up on him one time and sent him to the hospital, nobody died, one of us needed several stitches. He never bullied anyone again, and again nobody got shot or severely injured.

This^^^.

My father taught me that if I was being bullied I should pick out the biggest one of the group and nail him with a right cross. I could end up getting my ass whipped but that would be the last of the bullying. He was right on all accounts. It happened in 7th grade. I hit the big SOB with my best punch and ended up with a black eye, busted lips, and a nice knot on the back of my head. But, that was the last time an attempt was made to bully me. I actually became friends with the guy in High School and we roomed together for one semester in college. That was almost 45 years ago.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about how to stop these school shootings. Hiring retired police and others that could legally carry a gun prevented more being shot in Texas, but I am sure the kid that did the shooting, is also a student at the school, knew the armed person was there and went ahead with his plan.

One thing that might make people stop and think is to bring back public executions. The last one was in Owensboro, Kentucky on August 14, 1936. That does seem to slow some people down.

I am old enough I use to bring my shotgun or .22 rifle to school during hunting season and no one even noticed. We just took them to the principal’s office and picked them up after school. Even some of the teachers brought their guns to school so they could go hunting after school.

I’m not sure what the solution is. One thing I am certain of is that the answer to this problem lies in the “more freedom” category, and not the “less freedom.” If that “more freedom” category happens to include harsher punishments, so be it. Then again, I have often advocated for this even on things as simple as drunk driving. I think it should not be illegal, if you get caught, you go to jail until you’re able to drive. You pay for the tow and impound, yes even if you can arrange for someone to get it immediately. After you’re sober, that’s it, you’re released, and you get your stuff back as soon as you can pay for all the services required to take of your stupid drunk a**. However, if you damage someone’s property, or hurt them you are also 100% liable for all damages incurred, not your insurance company. If someone is killed due to your drunk driving, you’re 100% liable for that also, at the expense of your own life. I dunno, I just like the “more freedom and harsher punishments” idea. Imagine how serious people would get about drunk driving the first time someone was executed...?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure what the solution is. One thing I am certain of is that the answer to this problem lies in the “more freedom” category, and not the “less freedom.” If that “more freedom” category happens to include harsher punishments, so be it. Then again, I have often advocated for this even on things as simple as drunk driving. I think it should not be illegal, if you get caught, you go to jail until you’re able to drive. You pay for the tow and impound, yes even if you can arrange for someone to get it immediately. After you’re sober, that’s it, you’re released, and you get your stuff back as soon as you can pay for all the services required to take of your stupid drunk a**. However, if you damage someone’s property, or hurt them you are also 100% liable for all damages incurred, not your insurance company. If someone is killed due to your drunk driving, you’re 100% liable for that also, at the expense of your own life. I dunno, I just like the “more freedom and harsher punishments” idea. Imagine how serious people would get about drunk driving the first time someone was executed...?
Unintended consequences; the rich could drive drunk with near-impunity, while the rest of us would rot in jail as we lost our jobs, etc.

Not that it doesn't already happen to some degree, but this would institutionalize the practice.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unintended consequences; the rich could drive drunk with near-impunity, while the rest of us would rot in jail as we lost our jobs, etc.

Not that it doesn't already happen to some degree, but this would institutionalize the practice.

A rich person who thought they would get away with continuing to do such would be the first person to be executed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom