Here's Another Interesting Case Concerning the First Amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet he can define a woman without being one, too.

You an engineer? I bet you want rules in place to make sure that bridge you drive over doesn't collapse.
But who the hell has any business telling an engineer what their expectations are if they haven't done the job?
The people who have to maintain the stuff the engineer designs, among others. Spoken as a maintenance mechanic on a large variety of equipment. Most engineers, IMO, should not be allowed out in public without a minder. And all engineers should be required to do five years as a mechanic, and another five years as a machinist before they get a license. Civil engineers should spend that time in similar jobs more related to roads and infrastructure.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,
The article says its legal to record a stop. The question is whether live streaming is allowed.

As a practical matter this seems to have a big pitfall.
How does an officer know if someone is recording or streaming or both?
I can't think of an objective test the officer could use that would not violate the cameraman's rights.

What a can of worms

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The police pull you over in a pretty obvious vehicle with flashing lights saying look at me I am a cop. What kind of argument is the attorney making that the live stream video violates the polices officers right to privacy and gives away his location to where crowds can gather.

If your afraid of repercussions for stopping somebody maybe you should not have them pulled over in the first place.
lots of people crapping on this post but i think several people misread it.

police call in for backup all the time; why can't you if you get pulled over?

i mean it's for YOUR personal safety. i know i feel safer when i have people around who are willing to help me if someone starts to violate my rights. my rights have been violated many times by police. seems very reasonable imo.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ok,
The article says its legal to record a stop. The question is whether live streaming is allowed.

As a practical matter this seems to have a big pitfall.
How does an officer know if someone is recording or streaming or both?
I can't think of an objective test the officer could use that would not violate the cameraman's rights.

What a can of worms
they don't, it just gives the police another reason to grab their phone and destroy it.

>oh i had reasonable expectation to believe he was livestreaming, that's why i seized his phone and destroyed it, your honor. btw, see you at the golf course after brunch tomorrow.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Blah f**kin' blah...

Let me say it again... I was not commenting on the issue raised in the OP. It's complicated and there are valid arguments on both sides. Your comment about being afraid to make a stop due to repercussions was the only thing I was commenting on...because it was ridiculously stupid and short-sighted. Especially in this day and age with the political and social climate in terms of disdain for law enforcement by so many people.

Not to mention there are any number of things that can potentially go wrong with making a traffic stop...especially when certain information might be known about the occupants of a vehicle...so most prudent and cautious officers might obviously worry about some repercussions. If you can't understand that I can't really help you.
Blah f**ckin' blah....

Let me say it again....I was not commenting on the issue raised in the OP. It's complicated and there are valid arguments on both sides. Your comment about being afraid to pull over for a traffic stop due to repercussions was the only thing I was commenting on.....because it was ridiculously stupid and short-sighted. Especially in this day and age with the political and social climate in terms of disdain for so many people by law enforcement.

Not to mention there are any number of things that can potentially go wrong with pulling over for a traffic stop.....especially when certain information might be known about the occupants of the police vehicle.....so most prudent and cautious people might obviously worry about some repercussions.

If you can't understand that I can't really help you.

see?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
like ya'll former and current LEO's don't even detect the SEEEEETHE you have for people. we see it, and yes maybe you think we hate you too.

the difference is; you kill WAAAYYYY more of us than we kill of you. the fear is only justifiable in one direction. you abuse our rights WWWAAAYYYYYY more than any of us abuse yours.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
like again, the concept of backup.

why shouldn't i be allowed to simply ignore the cop until my backup arrives for my personal safety? that's the standard for police, correct?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
this is also completely asinine because MANY people have been literally swatted by, during, and because of livestreaming.

absolutely none of the people that got swatted, WHILE livestreaming, got a mob of people to show up and endanger the officers or interfere with their work. that's completely retarded and you know it.

and that's a perfect example for my justification because in all of those cases, the swatting is done incorrectly and unjustifiably ; there's simply no need for the police to be there in the first place because someone merely lied to them and they believed it. get this *that's the sole reason why people do it because they want to see if they can get police to just straight up kill and/or severely injure and/or kidnap the person livestreaming because police are so dumb they will just show up and do this without any recourse.*

if they actually checked the livestream *first* they would know the truth. retarded.

Last edited:

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like ya'll former and current LEO's don't even detect the SEEEEETHE you have for people. we see it, and yes maybe you think we hate you too.

the difference is; you kill WAAAYYYY more of us than we kill of you. the fear is only justifiable in one direction. you abuse our rights WWWAAAYYYYYY more than any of us abuse yours.
This is so ridiculous, so beyond absurd, in other words so YOU joegrizzy it doesn't even warrant a genuine response. Just chalk it up to more of your nonsense and move on.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is so ridiculous, so beyond absurd, in other words so YOU joegrizzy it doesn't even warrant a genuine response. Just chalk it up to more of your nonsense and move on.
nope, it's actually 100% accurate, verifiable by fact. would you like me to show you the numbers?

do you seriously believe there is more violence committed against police than vice versa?

is that your final answer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom