Here's what your single payer healthcare funding would look like.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, do you have experience in managing a business? Or a degree in something like business administration?

Does it take a degree to look at the cost of a product, a product that you have no choice but to take, and know you are now saddled with a cost you can't afford? Does it take a degree to know that capitalism only works when you have checks and balances, something the medical industry does not have?

And considering that the far left wants to make medical care affordable by taxing us even more for free, government run health care, why are you opposed to doing the opposite by forcing the medical industry to charge a more fair price than what they do now?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it take a degree to look at the cost of a product, a product that you have no choice but to take, and know you are now saddled with a cost you can't afford? Does it take a degree to know that capitalism only works when you have checks and balances, something the medical industry does not have?

And considering that the far left wants to make medical care affordable by taxing us even more for free, government run health care, why are you opposed to doing the opposite by forcing the medical industry to charge a more fair price than what they do now?

Nope it doesn't take a degree to understand business, but it does take some experience around costs to understand the drivers of a business. A basic understand of overhead is needed to develop a business model and I think that is what is missing from your examples.

Hospitals pass the costs they incur to the patients, fare or not.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope it doesn't take a degree to understand business, but it does take some experience around costs to understand the drivers of a business. A basic understand of overhead is needed to develop a business model and I think that is what is missing from your examples.

Hospitals pass the costs they incur to the patients, fare or not.
I do have a basic understand of overhead. That part is not hard to understand. And I didn't say it wasn't fair to pass on the costs, what I said was charging us a fair price.

So, if according to you, we can't lower the price of health care, and we don't want the government running health care, how to YOU propose we make it more affordable?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say the price couldn't be lowered. I implied if the price is lowered, that quality will suffer. Ever heard of you get what you pay for or nothing is really free?

What you consider fare and what the costs actually are seem to be miles apart. Fare is subjective, what a poor person or a person on the other end of the spectrum think "fare" is are two different things.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in my opinion the hospitals and care were better when run by the churches. and medicine was run by the private physician and his or her patients. the pharma was competing with each other for their share and were results oriented. then there is insurance.... just stoopid and getting even more stoopid all the time. gov doesn't belong in healthcare not even for the underprivileged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom