Heritage Arms at it again.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw one over at King's today.

IMG_5100.jpg

Gust

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the look, but gotta have the ejector rod as part of the frame, not some loose part to keep track of. Even my NAA has the ejector rod as part of the pistol, the cylinder pin.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine! One thing you should know about them is that there has been a quality control problem with some of them, resulting in light strikes with the firing pin. When I got mine, nine if the first six rounds would fire. It seemed like it was so tightly screwed down that the firing pin wasn’t reaching the desired velocity. I fiddled with it some and then took it back home. Heritage is notorious for slow service. If you send a gun back for warranty service, you won’t see it for months. What I did was oil it up super good and cycled the action dozens of times daily for about ten days. I would drip some oil down around the firing pin and push it with a chamber brush and around the hammer. The next time I took it to the range, I had a lot fewer misfires. I kept doing this every day for another week and now it’s working almost 100% of the time. Yesterday I had maybe five or six light strikes out of maybe 120 rounds. I expect it will continue to improve after more break in time. Some folks say they replaced hammer springs or polished the hammer. Just working the mechanism seems to have helped.

It feels like a very solid gun. It seems very balanced and solid-feeling overall. Maybe it was just too solid at first. Oh, yeah…I find I actually like the little push rod. It’s actually faster unloading with it than with the extractor on a Rough Rider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom