Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.armslist.com/posts/10907...22-long-rifle--22lr---single-action-ss2037202

upload_2019-12-18_18-56-51.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, well I didnt buy one so I could shoot paper plates at 7 yards but I'v shot several vowels from the seat of my moving tractor while pulling a brush hog. Lucky I guess. Now it's setting as a decoration in the living room, loaded and disguised as a simply decoration. Its also a decoy with a small GPS device hidden under the grip. If I'm robbed, this will likely be the first thing they grab. Then I can trace to the location of all my stolen schit. lol
You did get lucky. I got them to teach grandkids to shoot, to carry when fishing out in the pasture or in the woods and for cowboy shoots. None of which is worth a crap, when they shoot mop ( minute of pizza ). Emptied a cylinder full at an armadillo walking 25 ft in front of me. Couldn't hit close enough to get it to run. Took 2" .357 and end of conversation. 3 crap shooters, manufactured years apart and I'm done. Hard to teach kids and build confidence when the gun is a pos.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well in the words of the infamous James Dalton. "Opinions Vary." my experience is more people like them than don't and Rugar ain't put them out of business yet. I think this thread speaks to that. My son has 2 and I have plinked steel ground hogs at 40 meters with them after a shot or two to find the hold. He shoots his 2 guns in cowboy action shooting and they are as reliable as they come and both shoot well. So I would say for $100-$120 bucks you can't find a better more reliable gun. Only thing is make sure you check all the screws from time to time.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did get lucky. I got them to teach grandkids to shoot, to carry when fishing out in the pasture or in the woods and for cowboy shoots. None of which is worth a crap, when they shoot mop ( minute of pizza ). Emptied a cylinder full at an armadillo walking 25 ft in front of me. Couldn't hit close enough to get it to run. Took 2" .357 and end of conversation. 3 crap shooters, manufactured years apart and I'm done. Hard to teach kids and build confidence when the gun is a pos.
sounds like the shooter

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife got me this one for Christmas this year. I have one with the cocobolo grips, as I posted earlier in this thread. This one has the special edition flag grips. I took it to the range for the first time yesterday and I’m very pleased with it. It was dead on accurate. Made me look like I was a halfway decent shot! One inch group at around 11 yards. The very first shot I took with it, I aimed at a 1” tall printed letter C in the target and I hit it right on the top center. I put a couple more of the first six rounds through the first hole. At 15 yards, the groups were around 3-4 inches, but that’s where my vision gets starts to get fuzzy. If I can see the hits on the target, I can shoot pretty tight. Around 15 yards, I can’t see where the hits land. Anyways, I was very excited with how well it shot.

B0E1E3B3-FA45-48BA-BE5B-8E47834B377D.jpeg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent! I finally got mine figured out and enjoy the same accuracy out of it. It's a great gun for taking the grandkids shooting; a brick of .22 lasts all day, rather then giving them a semi-auto so they can burn through ammo and learn nothing but how to make a little noise.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one on sale at Atwoods a few months ago, and just shot it last week. My first group, standing off-hand at 10 yards was a little over an inch, but about 2 inches low. That was as good as I did with it. They opened up quite a bit around 15 yards though. Didn't get around to shooting the .22 mag cylinder yet.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've been a pretty vocal supporter of these little guns. In the last few weeks both of my sons went down. First one started striking outside of the round where its not enough to fire. Mind you both of his guns he runs them hard. He shoots Cowboy action with them and dry fires them a bunch practicing with them unloaded with safety on so it never hits cylinder. I would imagine very few Rough Riders have had the time and rounds put on them that he has his.

That said a while back he had an issue with one not striking right. I thought maybe he had swapped cylinders when cleaning them. I swapped them and one ran good the other was still having issues. I give Heritage a call up a few Mondays ago. Wait on hold for 20 minutes finally get a human. Long story short its still under 1 year warranty but since its over 3 months I have to pay for shipping label of $50. I laughed at that I aint paying half what this thing costs for shipping. I said I would go to gun shop where I bought it and see if they could ship it cheaper or its just a pile of parts imo. Then she says oh they can do it for free.. Well why didn't you tell me they needed to open the case for free shipping to being with. Anyway dropped it off at gun shop that day. This Monday will be 3 weeks. Still waiting on it.

Today the boy was doing some practicing and walks in and says dad my pistol ain't working. Yup it ain't resetting the trigger. So I pull it apart and the trigger spring is broken. This one is under warranty still also. So I look on their site its a $5 spring. I give them a call to see if they will just ship me one. Well over 30 minutes later finally get a human on the phone. Explain there aint no reason to pay all this shipping back and forth on the gun if they could be so kind as to send me a spring. Well in typical Taurus dwadling service fashion they are out of stock. Then he proceeds to tell me he will cover shipping as a courtesy and waive the $8.99 and all I have to pay is $4.99 for the spring. I explained I had my receipt and it was under warranty. Then he proceeded to explain I would have to ship it in and they don't know what I am gonna do with the spring so they can't send it to me free under warranty. Well kind sir I am going to install in this here gun so it will work. Oh well I wasted enough of my afternoon on hold. The time wasted was worth a handful of them springs. I told him well sell me 2 cause I am sure this ain't the last one that's gonna break. So I got 2 springs back ordered with free shipping. I don't know how many hundreds of rounds these pistols have shot before both going tits up in a month. Either way sooner or later some springs will show up. My biggest question is if Atwoods has then onsale for $99 bucks this week do I just buy him two more so he has spares. I mean if kneckbeard is on sale I am gonna be there anyway. Or throw down for some Wranglers which didn't impress me first time I saw one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom