Hero Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost a very good friend today, Dave Davis, USMC veteran of three tours in Nam where he was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star with/V and three Purple Hearts passed away after long battle with cancer due to being exposed to agent orange while serving our country. Dave was one of a kind and a truly good guy who even up to his dying days was always upbeat and positive. Nothing slowed Dave down not even cancer, he always had a smile on his face and was there for his family and friends. Please keep his family in your prayers.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, op.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of the state was Mr Davis from? I believe I've met him a a ball years ago. The name is really familiar.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about losing a hero. That Marine is with his brothers now. May he RIp.
We are losing many of our finest to agent orange and it’s effects on our troops exposed to it.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about losing a hero. That Marine is with his brothers now. May he RIp.
We are losing many of our finest to agent orange and it’s effects on our troops exposed to it.
Indeed we are. There was a Marine that used to hang out at my friend’s shop in Norman often, whom they had gotten very close with. His name was Ken. I met him briefly, but liked him very much. He passed away earlier this year from the exact same thing, cancer from exposure to agent orange.

RIP Dave.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost a very good friend today, Dave Davis, USMC veteran of three tours in Nam where he was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star with/V and three Purple Hearts passed away after long battle with cancer due to being exposed to agent orange while serving our country. Dave was one of a kind and a truly good guy who even up to his dying days was always upbeat and positive. Nothing slowed Dave down not even cancer, he always had a smile on his face and was there for his family and friends. Please keep his family in your prayers.
Sorry for your loss and my condolences.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, op.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of the state was Mr Davis from? I believe I've met him a a ball years ago. The name is really familiar.
Not at all, but Dave didn't live here. I had the honor of meeting Dave many years ago in Colorado where we worked together. Since retiring Dave had moved back home to North Carolina where he had purchased land and lived up the in mountains with his wife. Although Dave never lived in Oklahoma he did have several friends here that he served with so there is a chance you may have met him on one of his trips to the state to visit them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom