Herters Target 36gr hp 22LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next is 50yds with the Ruger precision rimfire. I know from previous testing that this rifle doesn’t like the faster ammo but we gonna try it anyhow. Lol
Wife took the first stab at it. These were shot from a table using bipod. I realized quickly scope was still set for 100yds CCI Sv but wife continued same poa without adjusting and finished group
View attachment 157254
I adjusted scope to that rifle/scopes zero for CCI Sv at 50yds and she shot the 15 rounds of CCI Sv we had with us into the group below. Kinda worked well that we had it with us to prove the combo works as it has before.
View attachment 157255
I then shot the following group at that same zero using herters
View attachment 157256
I made a lil adjustment and my 14yo daughter shot the one below with herters
View attachment 157257
another adjustment and my 10yo daughter took her turn using herters
View attachment 157258
I'd say if the wife told you to stop or she would shoot.....you'd better stop or you will die tired.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of good greens that grow wild as we all know.
Onions, Parsley, Polk, Sour Dock, wood sorrel and Dandelions are pretty common.

Many of them have high amounts of oxalic acid and if you are calcium deficient or prone to kidney stones you may want to avoid eating large quantities of them..and if your doctor tells you to avoid spinach because it also is high in oxalic acid you may not want to eat any of it.

I myself like some wild greens. Especially when out on a hunting of fishing trip and you are eating what you catch.
Or just making a bologna sandwich .. toss some sour dock weed on there instead of lettuce.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of good greens that grow wild as we all know.
Onions, Parsley, Polk, Sour Dock, wood sorrel and Dandelions are pretty common.

Many of them have high amounts of oxalic acid and if you are calcium deficient or prone to kidney stones you may want to avoid eating large quantities of them..and if your doctor tells you to avoid spinach because it also is high in oxalic acid you may not want to eat any of it.

I myself like some wild greens. Especially when out on a hunting of fishing trip and you are eating what you catch.
Or just making a bologna sandwich .. toss some sour dock weed on there instead of lettuce.
Polk grows wild in our fence rows. Birds sit on the fence and poop the seeds from wherever they find it. Pretty tasty stuff with frying some bacon and onion in a pan, then adding water and the polk leaves and cooking them down until tender. Then add a little apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper when in the bowl.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss the old Herters. That was our wish book when we were kids.Back in the day when you could order a pistol, rifle, or shotgun and it would be delivered to your door.The Herters name has been sold several times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom