He's the first buyer of the electric F-150. Why he's the future of the car industry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$100,000 shot to 💩 ???? :rollingla:rotflmao:

https://news.wfsu.org/all-npr-news/...-f-150-why-hes-the-future-of-the-car-industry
Schmidt ran into one big issue soon after getting his F-150 Lightning, one that is all too familiar to other electric vehicle owners: charging.

The clean energy worker took his F-150 Lightning on a camping trip with his wife and daughter his first weekend with the truck, and he found himself unable to find a charger.

"It was just not a great experience at all," Schmidt says. "We're trying to figure out what does that mean for camping trips because I'm not sure I feel comfortable going given the lack of infrastructure up there."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That must be from the Babylon Bee because I cannot fathom anyone stupid enough to not realize charging could be difficult in the wilderness.

Not defending him but this was literally the last sentence lol....

"It was just not a great experience at all," Schmidt says. "We're trying to figure out what does that mean for camping trips because I'm not sure I feel comfortable going given the lack of infrastructure up there."

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That must be from the Babylon Bee because I cannot fathom anyone stupid enough to not realize charging could be difficult in the wilderness.
Really? They are out there I assure you, I know, I dealt with them on a daily basis.

1655810799646.png

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At some point EVs will have a solar panel the size of a cell phone and charging will be constant.

That's when I'll join the club.

Till then, I'll stick with my 5 liter 4X4 Ford truck.

The Lame Stream Media deliberately conceals the millions of EV owners who have significant problems with their fad. No thanks.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually really like the looks and features of the Rivian but I do not think the infrastructure for charging is there yet. I really like the idea of a daily driver for around the house and day trips that requires very little maintenance.

I thoroughly enjoy maintaining a race/fun car but having to crawl under my less exciting vehicles is a chore. I am also getting too damn old and broken to be sliding around on a concrete floor.

I will eventually have my old power adder fun car and an electric vehicle in the garage, but not yet.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually really like the looks and features of the Rivian but I do not think the infrastructure for charging is there yet. I really like the idea of a daily driver for around the house and day trips that requires very little maintenance.

I thoroughly enjoy maintaining a race/fun car but having to crawl under my less exciting vehicles is a chore. I am also getting too damn old and broken to be sliding around on a concrete floor.

I will eventually have my old power adder fun car and an electric vehicle in the garage, but not yet.

This is a nice fantasy but once the conversion is forced via taxation and subsidies, you won’t be allowed to own your gas vehicles. You also will be expected to share the collective fleet of EVs, most people won’t own one. These ”early adapters” are just tools to speed up the process. Useful idiots, if you will.

They have been fairly open in their end goals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom