Hexmag base plate ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will they fit Magpul bodies ? I thinking about getting Some Magpul 300 blackout mags would like to identify them from the 2.23 / 5.56 mags , and yes I could paint them

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will they fit Magpul bodies ? I thinking about getting Some Magpul 300 blackout mags would like to identify them from the 2.23 / 5.56 mags , and yes I could paint them
I dont believe they will fit. When I had a 300 BO. I used cut sections of inner tubes from a mountain bike. You can see them and you can feel them in the dark, AND their are cheap

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
s-l500.jpg
fleabay

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No, the Hexmag bases do not readily fit the Magpul mags. The basepads lock onto the mag bodies using a different shape center piece. Below is the Hexmag on the left next to an older Pmag and a newer (Gen 3?) Pmag.
magazine base pad comparison.jpg

The Hexmags have a great system for identifying different magazines. There are different color mag bodies, basepads, bottom-center locks, followers, and stickers that apply to the hex shapes on the mag body. This allows for lots of combinations to identify your 300BO supersonic from the subsonic from the 223 plinking from match or whatever you got.

hexmag colors.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom