HEY Cohiba! (and others) I have a VEGAS question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The misses and I are most likely going to Vegas in March and thinking of taking one of those helicopter tours to the grand canyon. Are they worth the $ or should I just take the money put it all on black?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love the Canyon, but the 45 min ride from Vegas to the west rim each way can be a bit much for the average joe if the winds are not cooperating. It is spectacular though, then again so is Penn and Teller. I would simply say if the weather is nice, go for it. If the winds are strong, get a free glass of your favorite beverage and catch a show.

"AIR ASSLT"

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never taken the helicopter ride to the canyon. I have done the canyon by car...driving to it but never the chopper.

I do see choppers all over Vegas...probably canyon, Vegas, and the lake.

Any other questions I can help...sorry I can't help with this one.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I took one of the chopper rides. It went to the Hoover dam and stopped for fuel close to the Grand Canyon and then we loaded back up and it took us down one of canyons leading to the Grand Canyon. We landed and had lunch. Sammich and chips and drink, that was in 2002.
It was worth EVERY penny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I did one of these in 2012. A limo picked us up from the hotel and took us to an airstrip. The helicopter flew out and around the canyon and then landed in the bottom where we had a box lunch type of dinner and some champagne. It was pretty cool and worth the money.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies.

Looks like its worth the money as long as the winds are fair. Momma has some sort of convention to go to there and she really wants me to tag along. Together we are not smokers, drinkers, gamblers so I was really looking for something to do that is in our wheelhouse. At the moment I'm thinking about renting a car in Vegas and as soon as the convention is over driving west.

So, What do we eat down there?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gordon Ramsey Steak is an awesome place to eat! When ordering water make sure you order tap or pay $9 or more for a bottle. Highly recommend the short rib.

I also highly recommend renting a car. You can go where you want and not be dictated by the very limited train and highly expensive taxis...that have a lock on Vegas transport. There are literally hundreds of unique and tasty places to eat in Vegas and they are normally not convenient to where you are are at the time.

We also hit In-N-Out Burger every time we're there.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gordon Ramsey Steak is an awesome place to eat! When ordering water make sure you order tap or pay $9 or more for a bottle. Highly recommend the short rib.

I also highly recommend renting a car. You can go where you want and not be dictated by the very limited train and highly expensive taxis...that have a lock on Vegas transport. There are literally hundreds of unique and tasty places to eat in Vegas and they are normally not convenient to where you are are at the time.

We also hit In-N-Out Burger every time we're there.
Some of my friends went out there and each couple rented fancy sports cars to tour around one afternoon. Lambo, Porsche.

Latest posts

Top Bottom