Hey knife guys!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Help me find a good neck knife.

No, I don't plan on wearing it around my neck. :disappoin

As some of you may or may not know, I'm a fat cop who wears black "tactical" suspenders with my duty belt. It helps keep the weight of my gear off my lower back and keeps my britches up so I don't embarrass myself. :rolleyes2

Recently, I bought a new pair of suspenders by Tactical Tailor.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/le/belts/le-duty-belt-suspenders

These suspenders are awesome! They have a 3x5 velcro loop field/panel on the back, so naturally I added a few Milspec Monkey patches there - an Infidel tab in the subdued SWAT color pattern over a mini US flag, also in subdued SWAT color pattern in the "charging forward" configuration and a subdued pighead patch for good measure and a little sense of humor. :thumb:

These suspenders also have MOLLE loops along the shoulder straps, so I was thinking I would mount a small fixed blade there. I don't want a HUGE knife, so I thought a simple neck knife would suffice.

So far, I have considered several by Boker, Kabar, ESEE and 5.11 Tactical, but I can't find one that I really like. Maybe I haven't seen enough different styles yet. Can ya help me out? :ugh2:

I don't want a knife any bigger than an ESEE Izula. In fact, the Izula might even be too big. My primary use of this knife is a backup weapon...most importantly, a backup weapon for if/when a bad guy decides to try to disarm me of my sidearm.

I figure a quick deployment of the knife with my left hand (while my right is holding my pistol in it's holster) and a slash or two across his forearms, neck, temple - WHEREVER, should cause him to cease and desist, right? :anyone:

Which knife would you recommend?

The sheath also needs to be of a kydex/IM plastic material and it needs to be able to be mounted on a MOLLE loop attachment in the vertical/upside down position.

Thanks! :sunbath:

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I kindly suggest putting the knife somewhere where it's harder for a bad guy to get to? Or at least somewhere more discreet?

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a Sanjuro82 special ?
i1227.photobucket.com_albums_ee433_kinggabby1_sd5.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness, if you want smaller than Izula, check out the Busse/Swamp-Rat Warden, the TOPS Scalpel, or possibly a Brous Silent Soldier. The Scalpel is longer, but it's skinny and gives a lot of handle to hang on to for Self Defense. The Wardens are getting harder to find with folks scooping them up on the secondary market. The Silent Soldier is now available in commercial-form for less than the custom version, but it's honestly too-small to be used safely for self-defense (in my opinion).

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_2010_12_07103919.jpg

images_knifecenter_com_knifecenter_resize_thumb_php_a0078812e54268b0d607229586c64217._.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom