Hey knife guys!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you going to keep the knife when you sell the suspenders next week?

Oh, and dibs on the knife the following week if it's something cool :)

I can honestly say that my suspenders never get sold. They are the one true piece of my EDC gear that I literally wear...

Every. Single. Day.

Guns, knives, pouches, yaddida, yadida, yaddida, yeah, they get sold left and right, but suspenders? Never! :hellno:

You know...come to think of it...you're right ez bake. If I bought a knife, I'd probably just turn around and sell it.

Thanks dude! You saved me some coin!

Mods, close this thread! :wave:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can honestly say that my suspenders never get sold. They are the one true piece of my EDC gear that I literally wear...

Every. Single. Day.

Guns, knives, pouches, yaddida, yadida, yaddida, yeah, they get sold left and right, but suspenders? Never! :hellno:

You know...come to think of it...you're right ez bake. If I bought a knife, I'd probably just turn around and sell it.

Thanks dude! You saved me some coin!

Mods, close this thread! :wave:

That's no fun man. :D

In all honesty, I've been talking myself out of a bunch of stuff lately for that same reason.

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness, if you want smaller than Izula, check out the Busse/Swamp-Rat Warden, the TOPS Scalpel, or possibly a Brous Silent Soldier. The Scalpel is longer, but it's skinny and gives a lot of handle to hang on to for Self Defense. The Wardens are getting harder to find with folks scooping them up on the secondary market. The Silent Soldier is now available in commercial-form for less than the custom version, but it's honestly too-small to be used safely for self-defense (in my opinion).

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_2010_12_07103919.jpg

images_knifecenter_com_knifecenter_resize_thumb_php_a0078812e54268b0d607229586c64217._.jpg

EZ,
Jason Brous is a sick knife maker and unfortunatley a lot of his stuff is just a little to high for me. However that new Silent Soldier in a Tanto blade and at only $75 bucks is very appealing thinking about ordering one.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
years of knife collecting and carrying has taught me that I DO NOT LIKE NECK KNIVES! I have worn so many and never liked one. I will from time to time wear a larger Mora or the like when I am camping. For the most part neck knives for me are flat useless.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But in all fairness here are some suggestions,
Blind Horse Knives Batwing, Tigerknapp
Farmer Knives PSK
Boker Vox neck knife series MA-2, MicroCom, Martin K-Bit (personal preferance)
KaBar, Becker Necker, Remora, Escabar

these are a few that I have owned or still own.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after lots and lots of deliberation and absolute TONS of Youtube video reviews, I finally settled on the CRKT Alan Folts Minimalist Tanto.

[Broken External Image]
i00.i.aliimg.com_img_pb_366_433_395_395433366_798.jpg

stormeroutdoors.com_CRKT_2386_3.jpg

I've always loved Tanto style blades and this one looks a little extra wicked with it's sorta recurve design. I also appreciate this knife's decent sized handle along with its micarta scales and it's 2 ounce (+/-) heft.

Plus, the zytel sheath has this nifty little clip so I can mount it vertically in the upside down configuration on some MOLLE webbing on my suspenders like I wanted.

And lastly, if all that wasn't enough, I got from Amazon for just less than 20 bucks! So if I decide it's just not for me, at least I didn't break the bank! :thumb:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after lots and lots of deliberation and absolute TONS of Youtube video reviews, I finally settled on the CRKT Alan Folts Minimalist Tanto.

[Broken External Image]
i00.i.aliimg.com_img_pb_366_433_395_395433366_798.jpg

stormeroutdoors.com_CRKT_2386_3.jpg

I've always loved Tanto style blades and this one looks a little extra wicked with it's sorta recurve design. I also appreciate this knife's decent sized handle along with its micarta scales and it's 2 ounce (+/-) heft.

Plus, the zytel sheath has this nifty little clip so I can mount it vertically in the upside down configuration on some MOLLE webbing on my suspenders like I wanted.

And lastly, if all that wasn't enough, I got from Amazon for just less than 20 bucks! So if I decide it's just not for me, at least I didn't break the bank! :thumb:

That's a good knife man. Congrats.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the knife came in today. It's a lot smaller than I anticipated, buit no biggie. That just means it'll take up less space. Other than that, I love it! It's razor sharp tanto style blade looks like it'll do just fine for it's intended purposes...slashing seatbelts and gun grabbers.

No, not those kind of gun grabbers :rolleyes2 I'm talkin' about the ones who might try to grab MY gun during a confrontation. I figure a slash and a stab or two with this little feller will make him forget all about taking my pistola.

Can I kindly suggest putting the knife somewhere where it's harder for a bad guy to get to? Or at least somewhere more discreet?

You'll be happy to know that I decided against mounting this lil' guy on my duty suspenders. The little clip that came with the scabbard fit the MOLLE webbing loop nicely as far as it's width was concerned, but the clip is made to fit a 1.5" wide belt, thus it shifted around on that 1 inch piece of MOLLE pretty bad. :disappoin

Therefore, with the help of a Looper's pager keeper, I mounted it horizontally on my duty belt at the 11 o'clock position with the handle pointing outwards. Thataway, I can get a good purchase on it with my left hand, draw and deliver whatever cuts/blows necessary while I am (hopefully) still holding my pistol in the holster with my right hand.

God I hope I never hafta use this thing like that. Sticking a knife in another human being just gives me the heebie-jeebies. :puke:

But...it's better than being shot with my own gun. :ugh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom