Hey LEOs, share your OC experiences while on duty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any MWAG calls, permit checks, anything.
I would like you to come back to this thread in the future if an event takes place that you can share.
Thanks.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just asked a LEO his opinion of Open Carry. He said "I like it in principle, but it was written bad. We can't ask to see a permit or anything so anyone could strap on a gun and we will never know who's a bad guy" I tried to help inform him of the law as I understood it, but he said that wasn't the case.....

He was OHP..... Somebody want to send out a memo? lol.......

In all honesty I can't believe that a LEO has missed that part of the new law....

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just asked a LEO his opinion of Open Carry. He said "I like it in principle, but it was written bad. We can't ask to see a permit or anything so anyone could strap on a gun and we will never know who's a bad guy" I tried to help inform him of the law as I understood it, but he said that wasn't the case.....

In all honesty I can't believe that a LEO has missed that part of the new law....

It is very possible that even though it is law, OHP may have taken a stance to not ask due to potential 4A violations. Haven't spoken with anyone with OHP and can neither confirm nor deny what their approach is.

greezypete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was talking to a guy going through cleet and he said they were teaching them the same thing.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably smart on LE agency's part...in the end, if the guy OCing isn't doing anything else suspicious, why waste the time? Why initiate a confrontation when there is zero evidence of illegal or suspicious activity?

Latest posts

Top Bottom