Hey LEOs, share your OC experiences while on duty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw my first group of open carriers on a call tonight. It appeared to be a family.

They looked as if they were far more likely to die of diabetes or a heart attack than criminal assault.

Michael Brown

Update.

Interestingly, I saw the same family of open carriers tonight at the same location (un-posted restaurant) and no one was open carrying.

It appears the novelty has worn off for them.......:homer:

Michael Brown

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That doesn't suprise me. I still have yet to see anyone OC away from the range. What I have seen is more people getting lax in their cover choices. More fullsized firearms printing under shirts.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That doesn't suprise me. I still have yet to see anyone OC away from the range. What I have seen is more people getting lax in their cover choices. More fullsized firearms printing under shirts.

This is me, I open carry quite a bit when not at work but I usually throw on a cover garment that mostly covers my gun when I got out amongst the GDP

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at TGI Fridays last week. Had a guy walk by my table wearing a 5.11 tshirt. I saw the shirt then immediately looked for a gun. I didn't have to look far as it was clearly visible. might as well have been shrink wrapped. He kept tugging at the shirt as if he were a new permit holder. I went back to my dinner while shaking my head.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at TGI Fridays last week. Had a guy walk by my table wearing a 5.11 tshirt. I saw the shirt then immediately looked for a gun. I didn't have to look far as it was clearly visible. might as well have been shrink wrapped. He kept tugging at the shirt as if he were a new permit holder. I went back to my dinner while shaking my head.

Maybe he did that on purpose, as an act of kindness, to allow folks to shake their heads at him and feel superior?

Latest posts

Top Bottom