Hey Smith and Wesson guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't see a pinned barrel in the pictures and the grips are from a later production gun. i'd keep looking man.

If you enlarge the second picture the pin is clearly visible at the front of the top strap. Also, the back of the cylinder is snugged very close to the frame indicating recessed chambers. Non recessed has a larger gap between the cylinder and frame to make room for the cartridge rims.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you enlarge the second picture the pin is clearly visible at the front of the top strap. Also, the back of the cylinder is snugged very close to the frame indicating recessed chambers. Non recessed has a larger gap between the cylinder and frame to make room for the cartridge rims.
Thanks! I have old eyes.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That price isn't outside of the norm. I'm going to throw my hat in with those who point to the one for sale in Owasso. Those football target stocks start at $100 to replace and go up from there. There's also a higher likelihood that the private seller may be a more willing to negotiate. Also, consider that the price on the tag at the local store is rarely the "out the door" price. The shop's sales tax alone may make it worth the drive to Owasso.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went and did it! I got it for $1150.00. I think I did good based on your comments and help! Thanks guys.
0BD64335-8AA7-4BAC-BCCF-CF6BC992CBFD.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You did well with the original grips and presentation box. The box would have a blue flox lining in it. It’s a nice enough rig that it might be worth having redone. There are some threads over on the S&W forum on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom