Hey Smith and Wesson guys???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not unusual for the pin on the back of the ejector locking lug to stick out some. That's longer than you usually see on a J frame, but if it works then I wouldn't worry about it.

The numbers in your second picture are assembly numbers - not the serial number. Assembly numbers like this appear on the yoke , underside of the sideplate, and sometimes a few other locations. They are used to keep the pieces together during the assembly process. The actual serial number is on the bottom of the grip. On most modern S&W revolvers it also appears above the model number in the frame's yoke cutout.

EDIT:
I just noticed that it's a K frame 64-2, not a J frame 642. Sorry about that. I still wouldn't worry about it. I have several k frames with the pin protruding in that manner.
This is correct. PLEASE DON'T use loctite on the extractor rod....

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please keep the vise grips and cabinet screw drivers away from this piece of machinery. It's long term value will appreciate that. Do some reading on Smith & Wesson Forum before you start wrenching on it. Brownells sells a special S&W revolver screwdriver set; get one. Also get the tool they sell to remove the ejector rod; read its instructions. Do NOT apply LokTite to your new revolver's ejector rod threads. When properly torqued with the nifty rod tool its unnecessary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom