1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey y’all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by willw77, Mar 6, 2019.

1. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Haters gonna hate!! I own 3 Taurus pistols that are 100%
    I have a Taurus 65 357 a Taurus 809 9mm and my son has a TCP738 380 acp>All 3 are 100% at the range, the 380 acp is not pleasant to shoot at all but has never had an issue!! Just do your research because unfortunately the haters have reason to think the way they do, but I am still gonna call them haters!!:cool:
    All 3 of the Taurus I bought were after lots of research, the 357 is an older model, the 809 just runs and the 738 had magazine issues sometimes but was an easy fix if needed. Me and my son both bought one and neither had any issues.

RickN likes this.
  2. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have a Shield 45 and it is a great pistol!! Zero issues at the range with all types ammo, carries well several different ways. I am in construction so I generally carry it in a Sherpa Blackhawk with a trigger finger release so I don't have to worry about it falling out whilst climbing around in the rafters!!

3. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Shield would be my recommendation.

4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Ain't no such thing as a stupid question. The only stupid question is the one that went unasked.

Welcome

dennishoddy and Cowcatcher like this.
  5. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Price is a limiting factor. Fit in your hand and functionality is paramount. A shield to me always pinched my finger when I pulled the trigger. The Ruger's controls didn't fit my big mitts. After carrying Smith wheelguns for years then a 1911 Colt for the last ten, I went with an XD 40 subcompact for every day carry. My church gun is a full sized XDM 45.
    Go to the ranges and fire some different guns first. Deciding on a gun because of price is one of the worst things you can do. You want a gun you will love to carry and handle and train with. Not a good value gun you don't like in your dresser drawer. Don't get an elcheapo holster either. Invest in a good thick leather belt because that is the foundation for your entire rig.

Cowcatcher and xseler like this.
  6. willw77

willw77 Marksman

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to go to Big Boys after church on Sunday to rent a few hanguns and compare them.

Catt57 and Snattlerake like this.
  7. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Welcome to OSA!

8. kirk1978

kirk1978 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Welcome! I think Bass Pro has the S&W Shield on sale right now for $269....if they haven't already ran out.

okierider likes this.
  9. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Howdy!

10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That's a helluva nice gun for that money. I would definitely recommend one of those if you're on a budget, and it's small and concealable, but still easy enough to handle the recoil with standard loads. I've got one I no longer carry, but it's a great gun. I just have a Sig now and it is pretty much my exclusive carry gun.

<edit> And I have several Taurii that I am extremely happy with. But all other things being equal, I'd recommend the Shield over a Taurus.

okierider likes this.