Hey y’all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This advice about boats is solid. Had I had a bigger boat, I very well may have been able to power away from the dangerous reefs. As it was though, I, along with a few others here, lost all my guns except for one when the boat sank in some 400 miles of water, strewing my shattered firearms into a million unidentifiable pieces across the entire Pacific ocean floor. Oh how sad it was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap @druryj, that's horrible. It sounds like you and the others were lucky to survive.

Yes. And we were in shark-infested waters, clinging to bits of the wreckage to stay afloat...day after day with no food or water, except for the occasional flying fish I was able to snag and eat sushi style. finally, a Cruise Ship for Female Beer-Loving Nudists saw us and was able to haul my buddy and me aboard. There we were; two men, barely alive...and ALL OUR GUNS LOST TO THE SEA, save one. And I sold it to...to...dang , I forget now.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. And we were in shark-infested waters, clinging to bits of the wreckage to stay afloat...day after day with no food or water, except for the occasional flying fish I was able to snag and eat sushi style. finally, a Cruise Ship for Female Beer-Loving Nudists saw us and was able to haul my buddy and me aboard. There we were; two men, barely alive...and ALL OUR GUNS LOST TO THE SEA, save one. And I sold it to...to...dang , I forget now.
Wow, what an experience. How was the all the Beer drinking nudist? You couldn't as for a better way to be rescued. lol

willw77

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. Go to Big Boys, try a few out. Arrange to rent a 22 semi and take the SDA Class ASAP. OSBI isn’t that slow, you will have your permit before you know it. Plus, you can then concentrate on selecting a gun for carry and some training.

Another great choice is the Walther PPS M2. Widely available at usually right around $300 if you can catch one of the frequent sales. Shield is also a fine pistol. Of course, Glocks are just fine too.

But, be warned; guns are like potato chips. One will turn to two to three etc.

Gun Belts/Holsters. You can’t go wrong with a good leather gun belt. However, if you are going to carry IWB, and you are carrying a relatively light pistol, a good nylon belt like the Wilderness 5 stitch is a good choice too. Carrying OWB with a heavier pistol is going to call for stiff, thick leather and a real gun belt. A properly fitted holster to your gun is a necessity. Once you know what pistol you want, we will be glad to help steer you to an appropriate holster. Don’t buy one of those cheap jobs at Walmart! Might as well throw your money in the trash. Good holsters can be had for $50 up .... and I do mean up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for advice. I’ll go see what I like at big boys before committing to a firearm

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, and if'n it wasn't fer the shark eatin' the camera, there'd be pics to prove it!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.reactiongifs.com_r_2013_06_bs.gif

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for advice. I’ll go see what I like at big boys before committing to a firearm

Just give up on the whole"a" gun idea!! Once you buy the first you will unleash an insatiable beast that never runs out of the "last gun I need " joke!! Just grin and buy lots of ammo!! And :hellno: I ain't one of those gun nuts, I only had 13 before the whirlpool that my boat got sucked into at lake Holdercloser!! Only gun I was able to save was the airsoft pistol!! It was tragedy I still aint over yet!! I will be back. have to wipe my eyes, seems I got a little salt in em!! :drunk5:

Latest posts

Top Bottom