Hey you health and fitness buffs, I have a question ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First have a blood test and check if you have iron or other deficiencies like Vitamin D. Good start.
Although you get D from the sun, people are often low and it manifest itself in a laundry list of problems. Tired and listless is just one. Lack of energy is a tough.
Stay away from stacking. Your body will only absorb so much. The balance goes out of your system or worse, stockpiles in places that are not good.
Start small and see what works and don't buy anything on the internet.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I did that already (the bloodwork) and everything was within normal limits 30 days ago.

That said, I am still having significant problems with swallowing and cannot eat anything even remotely solid. It's been 8 weeks now and I've been making do with a mixture of protein drinks, Gatorade and several different supplements but I gotta do something different. I get fatigued really easily, have a wicked case of tonsillitis right now and can't even swallow the supplements I have been taking so ...

I've picked up a blender, a book written specifically for people who have can't swallow anything thicker than pudding based on getting daily minimums and am gonna start making my own stuff. I am getting to where even the SMELL of food makes me nauseous and that is NOT a good sign.

Plus, I'm having trouble staying hydrated because no fiber going in means ... well ... you know what that means.

I was gonna toss the liquid stuff into the pureed recipes to bump stuff back up where it needs to be because I'm pretty sure the tonsillitis, the fatigue and the leg cramps are from vitamin/mineral deficiencies and this throat thing is taking longer to resolve than any of us anticipated. I probably should have been a little more pro-active but I really didn't think I'd have this much trouble getting back to eating right.

Not an insurmountable problem. Just one that's gonna take a little longer than I thought to resolve ...

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liquid multi-vitamin....Hmmm let's see...

I guess you could put a chicken fried steak dinner in the blender and add buttermilk until it's thinned down enough to drink. :D

Excuse me while I step outside and puke ... YUCK!! Lol

We went out with some friends to Boomerang in Mustang last night. I could hardly stand the smell, much less eat something. Thank God for that Zofran they gave me when they sent me home from the hospital.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, I did that already and everything was within normal limits 30 days ago.

That said, I am still having significant problems with swallowing and cannot eat anything even remotely solid. It's been 8 weeks now and I've been making do with a mixture of protein drinks, Gatorade and several different supplements but I gotta do something different. I get fatigued really easily, have a wicked case of tonsillitis right now and can't even swallow the supplements I have been taking so ...

I've picked up a blender, a book written specifically for people who have can't swallow anything thicker than pudding based on getting daily minimums and am gonna start making my own stuff. I am getting to where even the SMELL of food makes me nauseous and that is NOT a good sign.

Plus, I'm having trouble staying hydrated because no fiber going in means ... well ... you know what that means.

I was gonna toss the liquid stuff into the pureed recipes to bump stuff back up where it needs to be because I'm pretty sure the tonsillitis, the fatigue and the leg cramps are from vitamin/mineral deficiencies and this throat thing is taking longer to resolve than any of us anticipated. I probably should have been a little more pro-active but I really didn't think I'd have this much trouble getting back to eating right.

Not an insurmountable problem. Just one that's gonna take a little longer than I thought to resolve ...
If you didn't like my first suggestion then you might try blending/juicing copious amounts of vegetables and some fruit to add flavor, then add some protein powder and fiber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom