Hey you health and fitness buffs, I have a question ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And what ever you do shop on line!!! You might have to dig a bit, I get most of my daily from COSTCO, often online, the rest via careful shopping via Amazon.

Some areas that receive a lot of interest these days include Iodine, Potassium as mentioned, Selenium, Vit D as mentioned, Vit B, complex is easiest, fish oil, etc. It's not hard to build a custom, fairly priced daily package that covers your needs.

The 7 days pill planners work well for me.

Unfortunately my "better half" has found a pre-packaged solution that more than doubles my monthly expense and does nothing better.
Don't forget vitamin k2, selenium can be found in Brazil nuts and white peas from Canada, look for a pea protein powder

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, guys! Thanks for the suggestions.

@steelfingers Ensure is what got this adventure started. Here are the things that I will NEVER put in my mouth again as long as I live -- bleech -- Ensure of any flavor, any shake those powder protein that is chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or banana flavored, ramen noodles of ANY flavor, any clear broth of ANY flavor, any carbonated beverage, any sherbet of any flavor, tomato soup, "cream of any kind" soup ... every time I see jello or pudding cups of any kind I feel like I did when I had morning sickness -- it's instantaneous and it can be messy if I'm not quick ... lol

My choice of things I can drink without getting nauseous right now is so narrow that I'm positive I gonna have issues if it keeps up. Appetite fatigue is real (I've heard people say it's not a real issue, just wait and someone will get hungry enough. Problem is it doesn't work that way.) and it is hard to fight once it gets started.

I'm off to the shower so I can go vitamin shopping!! You guys have a good day and be careful inn the heat. That **** will catch you if you aren't careful.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second a blood test to see what you actually need. I used to take a mens One-a-day multivit, but it seemed to make me a bit angry, tired and whatnot. Got blood work done and found that I was only low on B12, so I take B12 and then extra Vit C during peak sick seasons.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At work, to stay hydrated, I drink Walgreens version of Pedialyte. They have plenty of flavors that are actually pretty good. Just make sure it's ice cold.
I also drink pineapple flavored coconut water. I can't do plain coconut water, there's mango flavor too, but I prefer the pineapple flavor.
After lunch and before going back to work I'll put some banana, frozen mango, frozen strawberry, frozen peach and some stawberry-banana juice in the nutri ninja for a killer smoothie.
Good luck!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, guys! Thanks for the suggestions.

@steelfingers Ensure is what got this adventure started. Here are the things that I will NEVER put in my mouth again as long as I live -- bleech -- Ensure of any flavor, any shake those powder protein that is chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or banana flavored, ramen noodles of ANY flavor, any clear broth of ANY flavor, any carbonated beverage, any sherbet of any flavor, tomato soup, "cream of any kind" soup ... every time I see jello or pudding cups of any kind I feel like I did when I had morning sickness -- it's instantaneous and it can be messy if I'm not quick ... lol

My choice of things I can drink without getting nauseous right now is so narrow that I'm positive I gonna have issues if it keeps up. Appetite fatigue is real (I've heard people say it's not a real issue, just wait and someone will get hungry enough. Problem is it doesn't work that way.) and it is hard to fight once it gets started.

I'm off to the shower so I can go vitamin shopping!! You guys have a good day and be careful inn the heat. That **** will catch you if you aren't careful.
Hope you figure it out. I know you will. You know your body better than the Doctors. Listen to it.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, thank you to the member here who PM'd me earlier. I found the vitamins and have already taken my first dose. I also have an appointment with my primary care doc to get a referral to a dietitian who specializes in dysphagia patients and for him to take a look at my tonsils, which look like raw hamburger meat right now. :uhh:

And thanks to the rest of you guys for your help.

Hopefully I'll feel a lot better soon. But ... I don't have a headache so it's ALL GOOD ... :hyper:

Latest posts

Top Bottom