Hi I got a job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you found you a job! Be a good employee and work hard! Doors will open to the right circles and a good work ethic beats a damn piece of paper in most circles. I’ve seen several with some papers come and get told to go when it was proven the only thing they had to offer was some papers. However, there are some paths that require papers but for me personally anything I do or would want to do don’t need no papers.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you found you a job! Be a good employee and work hard! Doors will open to the right circles and a good work ethic beats a damn piece of paper in most circles. I’ve seen several with some papers come and get told to go when it was proven the only thing they had to offer was some papers. However, there are some paths that require papers but for me personally anything I do are would want to do don’t need no papers.
Dont need no stinking papers!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you found work. I wish I could tell you that all the advice about working hard will pay off because I used to believe that myself but, for the past almost 40 years I've found that isn't true anymore. The old saying " Ten minutes of kissing ass will get your more than 10 years of busting ass " seems to be more true in todays world. I've seen new hires come into the craft I was in, suck up to the boss and have it made from then on. They got rewarded for doing about nothing and got all the overtime they wanted while the good workers got another job faster. I believe a newspaper story line I saw years ago that said " People Quit Supervisors Not Jobs ". Hopefully in your new job you will be rewarded for hard work and not taken for granted like Phillips 66 does it's employees.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you found you a job! Be a good employee and work hard! Doors will open to the right circles and a good work ethic beats a damn piece of paper in most circles. I’ve seen several with some papers come and get told to go when it was proven the only thing they had to offer was some papers. However, there are some paths that require papers but for me personally anything I do or would want to do don’t need no papers.
I would think a good working knowledge of animal husbandry and agricultural science is a necessary commodity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom