Hi, I'm new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm planning on moving to OK in 2023. My son and new daughter in law live in Tulsa. We plan on moving to around that area.
Me & the wife are in our 40's. I'm a Oregon native but, have moved around and lived in 5 states overall. I have visited OK. a few times. Mostly Lawton and Tulsa areas.
Wife and me like to target shoot often. Hoping to find a home with a little land to have a small range to use. I did see that OK. does have some state gun ranges. I did read that you need a OK. hunting license to use them. Also think I read that a older guy got shot at one a little while back :yikes2:.
I have been a member of Northwestfirearms.com for years. Looking forward to using this forum and getting to know people.
Happy New Year!
Robert P.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.
I think there is a 6 month wait on some Hunting licenses here.
Below are the ODWC rules

A "Resident" is any individual who has an established residence in Oklahoma for a period of not less than 60 consecutive days immediately preceding the date the application for a license is submitted. (Note: For the lifetime, senior, and 5-year licenses, the period of residency must be six months or more. For lifetime and senior lifetime, applicants must intend to remain Oklahoma residents as specified on application.) The burden of establishing proof of residency is on the person claiming residency status. A person holding a valid driver license shall be deemed to be a resident of the state issuing the license or permit.

For a valid Oklahoma driver license to be used as the sole source of proof of residency, it shall have been issued not less than 60 days prior to submission of the application. If a person does not hold a valid driver license, the Department may consider other reliable documentation for establishing proof of residency including, but not limited to, resident income tax returns, voter registration, motor vehicle or vessel registrations, and other public records documenting residence.

Residency status of children younger than 18 is presumed to be that of the custodial parent, including a custodial parent when there is a joint custody order and the physical custody of the child is shared by both parents, or legal guardian unless otherwise documented. Ownership or possession of real property in the state by a person residing outside the state shall not qualify the person as a resident. A person is not entitled to claim multiple states of residence, with the exception of active-duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and any dependents, when applying for annual licenses.

A "nonresident" is any individual who is a resident of another state or who has resided in Oklahoma for a period of less than 60 days whether or not he or she intends to make Oklahoma his or her home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom