Hi, I'm new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm planning on moving to OK in 2023. My son and new daughter in law live in Tulsa. We plan on moving to around that area.
Me & the wife are in our 40's. I'm a Oregon native but, have moved around and lived in 5 states overall. I have visited OK. a few times. Mostly Lawton and Tulsa areas.
Wife and me like to target shoot often. Hoping to find a home with a little land to have a small range to use. I did see that OK. does have some state gun ranges. I did read that you need a OK. hunting license to use them. Also think I read that a older guy got shot at one a little while back :yikes2:.
I have been a member of Northwestfirearms.com for years. Looking forward to using this forum and getting to know people.
Happy New Year!
Robert P.
Yes been quite a few years back I frequented that range when younger. They robbed him and took his guns only case I have ever heard of and I’ve be here 60 years

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

chicken.gif

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes been quite a few years back I frequented that range when younger. They robbed him and took his guns only case I have ever heard of and I’ve be here 60 years
A group of folks on this forum and BoomerShooters when it was alive bought that gentleman a garand to replace the one that was stolen from him.
People in Ok step up when the occasion requires it.
Welcome to OSA Old Noob!

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm planning on moving to OK in 2023. My son and new daughter in law live in Tulsa. We plan on moving to around that area.
Me & the wife are in our 40's. I'm a Oregon native but, have moved around and lived in 5 states overall. I have visited OK. a few times. Mostly Lawton and Tulsa areas.
Wife and me like to target shoot often. Hoping to find a home with a little land to have a small range to use. I did see that OK. does have some state gun ranges. I did read that you need a OK. hunting license to use them. Also think I read that a older guy got shot at one a little while back :yikes2:.
I have been a member of Northwestfirearms.com for years. Looking forward to using this forum and getting to know people.
Happy New Year!
Robert P.
The rule is that to shoot in WMA firing ranges, you need a valid hunting license. I shoot at a couple of the WMA ranges regularly and have never seen a game warden or police. I don’t think the rule is enforced. There are also a number of club and pay as you go ranges available around the Tulsa area.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The range where the robbery happened is the Wagoner range. I believe it has been closed to the public because the Wagoner crackheads constantly trashed it. I had stopped using that range before it was closed. I almost got in a fight the last time I was there, it was no longer worth it to tolerate some of the jerks that shot there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom