Hi Point 45 ACP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one because I did not have a .45 of any kind at the time and I really wanted one, and it was all I could afford at the time. I enjoy shooting a .45. I bought a better replacement for it, then sold it. I will say I would not have carried it as a primary EDC, but I did enjoy shooting it. It was a brick, but it functioned. .45's just make me grin.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of C-9s (9mm) and wouldn't mind having a couple more.

They're cheap enough to scatter around the house and forget about 'em. They're also hard to rack, so leaving the chamber unloaded makes them somewhat safer in case a small child accidentally discovers one (shame on you if they do, btw).

They're heavy because of the blowback design (this design also contributes to their reliability). If the slide was any lighter, the spring would have to be much stronger and make racking much more difficult.

I do recommend a thorough teardown and cleaning to remove any shavings/etc. that may be left from the factory, along with sanding any rough edges of mating parts. But I'd recommend that for any firearm.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom