Hi-Point 9mm - An American Icon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not trying to stir the pot on the hi point argument. Just curious who considers them an American Icon.
Im not saying there aren't reliable Hi Points out there. Just the few I had were anything but. In fact, I had one stolen, that was used in a home invasion in Texas and the detective that contacted me to let me know my gun was recovered informed me that the perp had the intention of killing the victims. He fired one shot which was not fatal and the gun jammed preventing him from finishing what he started.
So, as I said, I am speaking on the pistols I owned and my experiences. Are there reliable hi points, sure. Alot of products have good ones and bad ones.
I mean, people still buy Fords right? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American Icon:
If you describe something or someone as an icon, you mean that they are important as a symbol of a particular thing.

But I have no answer to that American Icon thing that is just a definition I googled.
Pretty wide range of things you could call that.

Now I have 2 45 Hi-Points and 1 40 S&W.
100% reliable and my 45's are stupid accurate.
I can't say that for any Ruger I ever owned.

And I love me some Ford parts.
9" rear ends and the Ford flex fans are top notch.
The Ford inline 6 is something I really like also.

Back under my rock.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American icon!!!!
220px-3colt.jpg

Hi point not an icon!!!!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would say definitely not an American icon but I got a used one about ten years ago that a guy more or less threw in on a shotgun I bought from him.

I kept it for a little while and feed it several brands of ammo. It was dead nuts accurate and never had a hiccup.

It felt like you were carrying a concrete block around so I sold it at a gunshow to a guy that was happy to get it and went and bought my second 645.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do have a place. So much better built than the old Saturday night specials of decades ago. Not as sweet as a P210. Had two separate buddies bring over a hi-point carbine, new in box. We oiled, took to the pasture, and proceeded to shoot bullseyes from the first round. No issues and ran well on cheap 9mm and reloads. Would not mind one of their carbines in 45acp. Did I mention how UGLY they are? UGLY. But functional from what little I have seen. I prefer functionality to great looking wall hangers, safe queens.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a Hi-Point is all you can afford, maybe that should be enough incentive for your kids to pay better attention in school than you did.....make better life decisions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom