Hi-Point, I'd never own one but this video was interesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi points aren't the best pistols in the whole wide world, but that's not the point of a handgun. If you're a poor single mother or some guy in poverty who lives in a bad area, this gun could save your life.

The thing only costs ~180 bucks, and for that, it's pretty impressive. Granted, it looks like an alarm clock i had 20 years ago.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They go bang every time, but are too bulky for carry.

the hi-point .380 is probably small enough.

they also have a compact 9mm

maxresdefault.jpg

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned one of the .380's and it was a great truck gun, it ran any ammo I fed it and was pretty accurate. I sold it because I was ashamed to own it, but I kinda miss it. I only gave $125 for it and a nice paddle holster and let it get beat to hell and sold it for the same $125. I replaced it when I got a great deal on a ruger

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FIL had a 380 and 9mm Hi Points. He bought them new at a gun show. When he died, he gave the 380 to my son who sold it. Heavy and ugly but they worked.
Gave the 9mm to my SIL.
I've never bought/owned one. I have seen the torture videos before he had them.
They make .40 and .45 caliber pistols. Almost bought a carbine, but didn't.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 380 and the 9mm are more or less the same size and as far as what they are calling compact is the fact they removed the compensator off the end of the barrel, which you can no longer purchase unless you find a older one, its the same with the 40 and 45 they are more or less the same size just a little different internal parts and a different size barrel. I have owned (the first semi pistols i ever owned I was always a revolver guy) the 9mm and 45 in the past and never had a single fail when shooting them, the only Hi Points i own now is the 9,40 and 45 carbines, they are nice to just go out and plink with.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own two. Probably going to sell them both soon but they work. Trust me, I wanted to hate them as well, just like the guy in the video but they do work and work well. Kind of hard to beat for a cheap truck/tackle box/loaner gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom