Hi-Point, I'd never own one but this video was interesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a great cheap truck gun, let's face it for the purpose of a junker that you can lose and not lose sleep it's perfect, I am pretty sure they are made in NC and have a great warranty lol. I almost bought one once

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like others have said, the pistols are bricks that go bang, ugly but really fun. Makes a decent house or truck gun when you cant afford something in a more popular name brand, and are leaps and bounds better than a Jennings, Lorcin, Cobra etc.

Kind of like the carbine models, have shot the 9mm and 45 versions and was impressed how accurate they can be. Might just have to get me one of those Buck Rogers looking guns.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your budget doesn't stretch much beyond $200, Hi Points are about as good a new pistol as you could find for that kind of money. Their carbines are reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a .45 new several years ago to take camping. Put a lot of rounds through that beauty and sold it almost for what i had in it.
Man it was ugly. And huge. And ungainly. I had to use a hammer and punch to get it far enough apart to clean just the basics. Finally ended up just shooting it and chunking it back in the bag til next time. Probably well over 1500 rounds thru it and never a failure to function. Never.
Does anybody else get a kick out of the fact that there are endless videos of guys trying to tear these things up? Its like an obsession
of some sort. Very entertaining. I want to see those guys put their new 1911 or Glock on the pavement and run over it with a dually for the hell of it. then we'd have something to talk about.
Anyway, I owned a High-point and it gave me tons of fun for my entertainment dollar. But I'm not looking for another one.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a couple C-9s strictly for home self-defense (gave $310 for the both new, one has a nice case). They're cheap enough you can scatter 'em throughout the house.

As with any cheap firearm, I highly recommend a full disassembly, cleaning, and smoothing of rough edges (both the gun and mags).

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey,...I bought three .45 cal when they were $120 at the gun show, use to carry one CCW cause they always go bang, and if that happens I do not want to lose my Colt or Smith.....But they are fun to shoot, they shoot any ammo, all the time. Remember guys,....not the gun aiming ....but the person shooting it. Good enough for me at fifty yards.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My C-9s do NOT like Magtech 147gr (9mm) JHP so much.

They are a wee bit longer than the 124gr JHP I normally use for all my 9mms, and the last round stovepipes every time in the C-9s (in spite of adjusting the mag lips and plunger for a couple hours). The last round just doesn't feed properly off the plunger (well, I could make it go, but then the others had problems).

No biggie. I only bought one box, and won't make that mistake again. Could always load a 124gr first though. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom