Hi-Point, I'd never own one but this video was interesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont understand the "I'd rather lose the Hi Point than my Colt if I ever have to use it". If you're in that position, the gun you lost is the least of your concerns I'd hope. I'd rather carry a gun I like, enjoy and have total faith in every day and will gladly turn it over in the instance I have to use it.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every one bashes them, but they just work. I have a buddy with some pretty tricked out 1911's and they don't always work and cost him $1000 plus. My hi-point .380 was $175 and never missed fired once on cheap monarch ammo. I wish I would have kept it for a truck gun. Yes they are ugly but they will save your life if needed. I think a crap gun is better than no gun. Most people see you pull a gun they will back away without a problem, so just the presence of a gun will help you .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont understand the "I'd rather lose the Hi Point than my Colt if I ever have to use it". If you're in that position, the gun you lost is the least of your concerns I'd hope. I'd rather carry a gun I like, enjoy and have total faith in every day and will gladly turn it over in the instance I have to use it.

Your scenario doesn't apply to I'd say, a vast majority. The scenario is that nobody wants to put a Colt in a tackle box, truck, garage, loaner... etc etc....

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any time I've heard that it seemed they were referring to having to turn it over to the police...not talking about it beating around as a truck gun. Two scenarios, but obviously I'm referring to a certain one.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion. The Hi Point .45 is likely the most field tested .45 pistol since the original 1911 was evaluated for the US Army. Most likely put through more adverse condition tests than the original 1911 because we did not have so many dumb asses back then we passed on as intelligent people so they could develop imaginations to intentionally try to tear things up. Yep, the Hi Point pistol is like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking, similar to a brick that will hit your toe every time you drop it from overhead.

I have one with most likely over 2K rounds, starting to get a little loose. I would trust it for EDC if I thought I could tighten my belt up enough to not cause gangrene in my legs without my pants falling down from the weight.

Yes, ugly and heavy, but very accurate and very dependable, especially if I get ran over by a tank and needed to fire it afterward.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi points aren't the best pistols in the whole wide world, but that's not the point of a handgun. If you're a poor single mother or some guy in poverty who lives in a bad area, this gun could save your life.

The thing only costs ~180 bucks, and for that, it's pretty impressive. Granted, it looks like an alarm clock i had 20 years ago.
I think the old aluminum ones look a little better. Many would disagree with me but they appear to be slimmer. I think it is just because of the lines on them but they look better in my opinion. I use to be on the hipoint forums but people would do a lot of cool stuff with them. One guy basically started fiddling around with one and became a decently successful gun smith because it inspired him to go further with it. Hed post his work from time to time with other nicer guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom