Hi-Point IDPA Challenge - This weekend at Oil Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eric contemplating what he's about to do, and what he's doing it with. :)

[Broken External Image]

It starts well enough

[Broken External Image]

Shortly after the 1st reload, issues arise

[Broken External Image]

Eric performs remedial action at 5 frames per second

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

And finally get a successful pair downrange

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the Hi-Point and the 1911 puked, but the Kel-tec didn't.....:oops3:

Looks like it was a fun match regardless.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I would honestly like to see what HiPoint would produce if they wanted to deliver a premium handgun. The main issue I have with them is purely ergonomic (the C-9 is a brick with a plastic handle). Generally, you get what you pay for, and I'm willing to pay a lot more cash for just a little more gun. I'd love to see a truly tricked-out HiPoint, let's see what we can do..."

Agreed. But for what it is, it's very very good value for the money. I like their carbines. Quite ergonomic as well. If only they came in higher cap mags than 10.
From Eric's pics in the match, the C9 seems to look quite snag free, etc. Well designed for concealed carry! Though a tad thick.
I fear that the FTFs etc that Eric experienced will only add fodder to the Internet nay-sayers of this fine, American Engineered product.
If I were buying a Hi point pistol (C9 say), I'd definitely shoot it in IDPA matches, and then polish the feed ramp, adjust recoil springs, break in mag springs, etc. You know, the usual stuff one does with a $2000 race pistol! Bet you it would run great after that!

Suggestion: Poopgiggle, take this exact same pistol Eric used, take all steps necessary to remove malfunctions, document the steps you took for future C9 buyers, then bring to IDPA match next month! If you need volunteers to shoot it I am sure you will find them!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fear that the FTFs etc that Eric experienced will only add fodder to the Internet nay-sayers of this fine, American Engineered product.
If I were buying a Hi point pistol (C9 say), I'd definitely shoot it in IDPA matches, and then polish the feed ramp, adjust recoil springs, break in mag springs, etc. You know, the usual stuff one does with a $2000 race pistol! Bet you it would run great after that!

Suggestion: Poopgiggle, take this exact same pistol Eric used, take all steps necessary to remove malfunctions, document the steps you took for future C9 buyers, then bring to IDPA match next month! If you need volunteers to shoot it I am sure you will find them!

A little overboard with the "fine, American Engineered product" considering it can't make it through a low round count match without puking. BUT I agree it would be interesting to see if one would perform better after a little polishing and tweaking....

Jerry, was the P-32 bone stock or did it get some enhancements?

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OK just to clarify again I had nothing to do with any of this. I am not the guy with the majestic beard in the video.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little overboard with the "fine, American Engineered product" considering it can't make it through a low round count match without puking. BUT I agree it would be interesting to see if one would perform better after a little polishing and tweaking....

Jerry, was the P-32 bone stock or did it get some enhancements?

I've polished the feed ramp and chamber, but I do that on all my pistols. The only other mod is removal of some of the mag catch. I find that the P-32 is prone to dropping the mag in a pocket holster unless you bob some of the mag catch so it's not as prominent. That definitely slowed down the reload as you have to work intentionally and purposefully to drop the mag. :)

Here are some pics of Curt running the P-89. Notice how the mottled finish almost disappears alongside the metal wall. I call it "Urban Decay Camo". :D

[Broken External Image]

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0033.jpg

[Broken External Image]

More pics to come.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is there a gun in these pics? I am blinded buy the legs!!!!!!1

That's 85 years of combined irish/polish genetic excellence bringing light into your world Don! Besides, we've seen your legs burning fog off the range in the early mornings before! :ooh2:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh, I said that Somewhat tongue in cheek.
Agreed: it does have a planet of the apes ugliness to it. And the external parts and fit and finish seem poor.
It takes some good engineering design to get a pistol to shoot safely and sell it for $150 (or whatever the C9 sells for) because $150 means cheap manufacturing processes, poor quality metal, very high tolerances, etc etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom